The Noramtec Consultants Group has been successfully recruiting in the Engineering, Manufacturing and IT Industries since 1964. We have the networks, industry experience and the connections it takes to offer a wealth of career opportunities and resources in any industry, across Canada and the US.
Piping Materials Engineer
The Piping Materials Engineer reports to the Piping Discipline Lead. The Piping Materials Engineer interfaces with all Piping personnel assigned to the project as well as, Process Engineers and Procurement to determine the quantity and type of materials required for the project's piping systems.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Functions and responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed line classes;
- Manage the preparation of preliminary Material Take-offs (MTOs);
- Prepare the piping materials criteria;
- Upload and maintain material quantities and data into PM+;
- Prepare material requisitions , Request for Inquiry (RFIs) and Requests for Purchase (RFPs);
- Coordinate requisitioning and RFPs in support of Required at Site (RAS) dates;
- Prepare and maintain a piping materials catalogue in support of global procedures and conventions;
- Prepare material line classes to support 3D design software;
- Prepare technical bid evaluations and recommendations;
- Manage material quantities for shortages/surpluses;
- Manage change orders by RFP revision;
- Check isometrics and BOMs;
- Perform final material reconciliation;
- Manage transition from material quantity management by bulk download to isometric BOM;
- Prepare specialty item lists;
- Perform wall thickness calculations;
- Identify scope change and prepare trends and DCNs;
- Attend departmental project meetings.
- 5+ years of related work experience in the field of piping materials engineering within a heavy industrial environment such as: mining, oil & gas, power,
- P.Eng designation.
I thank all applicants for their interest however only the most qualified individuals will be contacted