Frequently Asked Questions
Resetting my password
I can’t sign into my Workopolis account. How do I reset my password?
To reset your password please complete the following steps:
When I try to reset my password, it says that my email address is not recognized. What do I do?
Ensure that you are indicating the same email address which you use for your Workopolis account and that there are no typos or spaces in the email address. Please also make sure that you are logging in via the Job Seeker Portal and not the employer page.
My Workopolis account is linked to an email address that I no longer have access to so I can’t reset the password. What should I do?
If you no longer have access to the email address associated with your account, please let us know using the Contact Us form and our Job Seeker Support team will get in touch with you.
Why doesn't my resume look like the original version?
The resume preview is designed based on the feedback we've received from employers. We worked with them to ensure the most important elements were visible in a way that they wanted to see it. This includes the formatting of the sections and the order they appear in.
Occasionally, some characters that are used within a resume document do not carry over properly from your Word or PDF documents to our systems (due to formatting such as hidden HTML code, which is found in all Word documents or tables, borders etc.). In such cases, the information may get rearranged or misplaced during the conversion.
The easiest way to fix this is to remove the formatting before uploading it by copy/pasting the text of your resume into Notepad, and then copy/pasting or upload your resume from the Notepad file. Another option would be to upload the original document as is and then manually fix any mistakes using the edit button.
Be sure to always preview your resume before submitting it.
What is the difference between Resume Expert and Resume Basic?
Resume Expert is your Workopolis-formatted resume that has been optimized to be searchable within our Resume Database. Employers often search our database to find qualified candidates for jobs, sometimes opportunities that are not even advertised.
Resume Basics are now created automatically for your application history reference. When you see a Resume Basic in your account it means that you have attached your resume to the application, and the employer has received a copy of the original document.
Some candidates may have Resume Basics that are not attached to a specific application. These resumes were created over two years ago and are not optimized to be found in our resume database by employers.
Where can I see a list of jobs that I have applied to?
To review the jobs you have applied for:
- Sign into your Workopolis account.
- Click on 'Resumes and Cover Letters'.
- On the green title bar where your resume is listed click on the 'Applications' link.
- You will then see a list of all the jobs you have applied to on Workopolis using that resume. You can also see which cover letter was used by clicking on the 'click here' button on the far right under the 'Cover Letter' column.
Note: If you applied to a job directly on the employer's website, or via email or fax, it would not be tracked by your Workopolis application list.
I’m not sure how to apply to a specific posting, what should I do?
The method of applying varies for each posting. The best thing to do would be to read the posting carefully and follow the instructions indicated by the employer.
Within a job posting, you will find either:
- Apply Now Button - This button will allow you to apply directly via Workopolis using either your Word/PDF document or the resume/cover letters located in your account. With this method if you do not already have a resume in your account, you will be prompted to create one.
- A link that takes you directly to an employer-specific career site - in this case you will find your next instructions on that employer’s site. Please note that these accounts are separate from the Workopolis site.
- Via Email or Fax - in some postings the employer will list an email address or fax number for you to send your resume.
If you do not see one of the above methods or if you are still unclear about a particular posting, please Contact Us and send us a link to the posting in question and we will be happy to assist further.
What is a Job Alert, how can I create one?
Creating Job Alerts is easy as 1-2-3
- Simply search for jobs that interest you using the job search bar at the top of any Workopolis page.
- Then, on a search results page that displays jobs that are relevant for you, click on the 'Email Me Jobs Like This' button.
- You'll then be prompted to enter your email address and a name for your new Job Alert.
You can change the delivery frequency of Job Alerts or delete them at any time from your Workopolis Account.
I don’t need my Job Alerts anymore how can I stop them?
Sign in to your Workopolis account and click on 'Saved Searches and Career Alerts'. This will take you to a page where you can manage your Job Alerts and Saved Searches. On the line where each Job Alert is listed you can delete your Job Alert by clicking on the red 'Remove' circle on the far right of the page.
Why aren't my Job Alerts delivering the types of jobs I’m looking for?
Job Alerts that do not deliver the types of jobs you're looking for may require more refinement around the job search criteria. This can include adding more keywords for the job title; a city; or more.
To modify your existing Job Alerts:
- Sign in to your Workopolis account.
- Click on the icon 'Saved Searches and Job Alerts.'
- Click on 'Edit' beside the title of the Job Alert that you wish to modify.
- If you would like to search by multiple keywords you can filter them using the 'At least one of these words,' 'All of these words' or 'This exact phrase' fields.
You can also create separate Job Alerts to ensure that you receive different job search results based on various search criteria combinations.
What is Facebook Connect and how does it work?
Facebook Connect is an application that allows you to connect your Workopolis account to your Facebook account so you can either register or sign in to Workopolis using your Facebook credentials.
One thing to note is that signing in through Facebook Connect does not mean your job search activity will show up on your Facebook wall.
How can I contact you?
To contact us please click here to submit a question and we will get back to you within one business day. Our Job Seeker Support team is available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm ET.
I have a suggestion for the site. Where can I send it?
Simply click on the 'Suggest Improvements' tab on the right hand side of your screen just beside the scrolling bar, and submit your suggestion.
- Advertisement -
Receive the latest career news, insights and advice right in your inbox.
Sign up for the Workopolis newsletter >>