Workopolis: News Releases
Workopolis Announces Finalists for Exclusive Job Opportunity at Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
Contestants from Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal vying for your vote
December 2, 2009 – Seeing the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games in person may be an armchair traveler’s dream for some, but one lucky Canadian will soon receive the job offer of a lifetime – as Workopolis Ambassador. Three finalists from Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal are looking to garner as many votes as they can between now and December 15th to win the coveted ticket.
The winner will receive a coveted ticket to one of the world’s finest sporting events, and an exceptional amount of experience in a short amount of time. The job? Assisting with Workopolis’ supplier hospitality program throughout the 2010 Winter Games. The chosen candidate will also earn a salary of $7,000 for the three-week job plus receive free accommodation, transportation, event access and meals (valued at approx $15,000 CDN).
Canadians from coast to coast applied for this exclusive job opportunity. The field was narrowed to ten semi-finalists who were asked to submit a two-minute video and cover letter explaining why they should be hired.
“The level of creativity and passion that went into each submission meant we had a tough task to narrow our search down to three qualified candidates. In the spirit of competition, we are letting Canadians have their say in who will come out on top all with the click of a mouse,” said Andrea Garson, Vice President of Human Resources, Workopolis. ”From elaborate sets and catchy music to a simple message and cameos by friends, each candidate presented a unique take on how the Workopolis Ambassador job would change their lives.”
Meet the Finalists:
- Eric Lutley from Vancouver has a passion for winter sports, is bilingual and would put his experience as a hotel concierge to work.
- Kimberlee Regan from Toronto, is an athlete who possesses a fierce sense of national pride and a passion for serving others.
- Chantal Beaudoin, from Montreal is trilingual and has experience as a tour guide, concierge and even as a mascot.
Ready, set, vote!
Canadians from across the country will determine the fate of the three finalists by voting for them online at www.ambassador.workopolis.com
The winner will be announced on January 12, 2010 – just one month before the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games begin. Once chosen the Workopolis Ambassador will also provide ongoing behind-the-scenes commentary via a blog on Workopolis.com.
“Each application we received was proof that Canada possesses a very strong pool of talent,” said Garson. “Whether your dream is to work at an event on the world’s stage or pursue a new career path, taking the road less travelled can enhance your professional development and lead to an experience you may never have thought was possible.”
Canadians can find out more about the candidates, watch their application videos and learn more about the position at www.ambassador.workopolis.com.
Workopolis (www.workopolis.com) is the best resource for Canadians considering job transition and for employers seeking qualified job candidates.
Workopolis provides a fully bilingual suite of industry-leading products and solutions including:
- Tools to help job seekers find the right next job, including career alerts, newsletters, and Resume Rescue consultation services;
- Tools to help currently employed individuals, considering a mid-term career move make a better decision; including expert career advice and an online salary calculator;
- NicheNetwork: Canada’s largest network of trade- and sector-specific job boards; ideal for accessing hard-to-find highly skilled candidates;
- A powerful resume database including user-friendly search functions and intuitive screening tools which are ideal to reach not only highly engaged job-seekers but also those casually interested in a mid-term job change.
Workopolis has 160 staff in 9 offices across Canada. Workopolis is a partnership of Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. and a subsidiary of Power Corporation of Canada.
Workopolis is the exclusive Official Supplier of Online Recruitment Services for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
For more information:
Amy Davidson or Sheryl So
416-969-2830 or 416-969-2725