Our client a progressive organization in the Oakville area has an immediate requirement for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their organization. As a Purchasing Manager your role will require you to manage and coordinate activities of three to four personnel within buying, selling and distributing materials. You will be responsible for developing and managing the material cost reduction program; analyzing market and delivery systems through out the supply chain in order to assess present and future material availability while optimizing costs; and developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures with the purchasing team.
- Preparing reports regarding market conditions and material costs.
- Resolving vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Reviewing evaluating and approving specification for issuing and awarding bids.
- Developing innovative means for disposal of surplus materials in the most cost effective manner.
- Locating vendors of materials / supplies and interviewing them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Maintaining records of goods ordered and received.
- Negotiating and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Managing and negotiating third party contracts with vendors.
- University Degree/College Diploma
- CPP designation
- 7 to 10 years experience in purchasing/procurement
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience an asset
- Pharmaceutical environment experience an asset
- Knowledge of Excel and other standard PC Programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to organize information
- Able to work in a fast paced environment forever changing environment
- Able to build solid working relationships with all departments and numerous outside contacts
All interested applicants please forward your resume to email@example.com