Our client, an internationally recognized manufacturing and distributor of exclusive home products, is currently seeking an exceptional Credit & Collections professional to join their financial team.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Review outstanding accounts receivable, monitor amounts beyond established credit terms, call or otherwise arrange to collect amounts owing
- Administer and enforce company policies regarding discounts, displays, credit terms, sales policies
- Establish and maintain standard procedures for analysis of accounts, appropriate follow up, routine process of escalation of collection techniques
- Answer telephone calls from dealers, sales agents, and sometimes consumers, regarding the status of their outstanding account, and any other inquiries
- Establish credit process for the setup of new accounts, and perform review for all new submissions
- Establish an annual review process for existing accounts to confirm established terms and limits, or revise as appropriate
- Liaise with inside sales and service departments regarding compliance with established credit terms
- Act as company contact for outside services such as credit report agencies, receivable insurance, receivable collection agencies and attorneys
- Calculate, monitor and prepare credits to accounts for returned goods, authorized credits, transfers of balances, commissions, rebates, statements
- Month end accounting routines and reports
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks, telephone reception backup
Your skills and experience include:
- 2-3 years Credit and Collections experience
- Combination of tenacity for collections, yet customer service "mentality", strong communication skills - both verbal and written, and diplomacy is critical.
- Organization skills - ability to multi-task in a busy environment, ability to develop tools for following up on commitments
- Computer skills - Windows, MS Office group of products, e-mail, and computerized order and accounts receivable business system
- Understanding of accounting in terms of customer account entries, inventory control entries
Total compensation package is competitive, including health benefits, bonus and the opportunity for advancement.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume, indicating salary expectations to: