Our client, an experienced industrial, design-engineering firm, is looking for an exceptional Materials Manager to join their dynamic team.
· Obtain quotes, choose and recommend suppliers
· Negotiate pricing and delivery; follow-up on orders to ensure that they arrive in a timely manner.
· Purchase all raw material required for operations, powder, alloys, additives, components for assembly, packaging, etc.
· Create and distribute schedules to suppliers based on current stock levels and urgency
· Establish and ensure regular cycle counts are conducted
· Ensure schedules are sent / received / and processed by suppliers, follow up with supplier acknowledgement of acceptance.
· Follow schedules to track deficiencies and expedite suppliers as required
· Coordinate with Inventory Analyst and review of monthly inventory counts for accuracy
· Maintain and organize files on suppliers, special projects and requisitions that are issued. Limit the amount of P.Q.'s issued through amalgamation of orders and strong communication with co-workers.
Your skills and experience include:
· Post secondary education in Materials Management, Inventory Control, Purchasing or related
· Good understanding of the full Supply Chain Cycle
· 5+ years purchasing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent negotiation skills, along with a mechanical aptitude
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate purchasing responsibilities mandatory
· Excellent communication skills required along with good interpersonal and proven organizational abilities;
· Materials purchasing experience, ERP or MRP and inventory management essential;
· Must be familiar with Microsoft software and have familiarity with ERP/ MRP systems
Compensation package is competitive including strong starting salary with regular reviews conducted quarterly, opportunity for advancement, health benefits plan and paid vacation time.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to: