Our client a world leader in hearing aid technology is currently accepting applications for a Retail Group Accountant.
The company offers an attractive work environment and compensation package including; competitive salary, 21st century open office concept, medical benefits (health, dental, vision, drug, disability, life insurance), employee assistance program, three weeks minimum vacation, paid emergency leave, $400 health and fitness account, company paid training and development opportunities, company RRSP contribution plan and an employee stock purchase program.
The chosen individual will be responsible for:
· Day-to-day accounting for all wholly-owned and managed retail businesses
· Month-ends: facilitate data inflows, book adjusting journal entries, reports; variances and exception analysis
· Provide accounting knowledge support to each retail business
· Support integration of banking and controls, cash flow projections and needs analysis
· Participation in aspects of full cycle accounting including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Banking, Inventory, Fixed assets, and Statutory reporting
· Support Divisional Vice President in budgeting, forecasting, due diligence, developing core finance analysis, systems, procedures, and controls.
· Accurate and timely reporting of financial performance
· Facilitate meaningful and timely budgeting, with cooperation from operations and senior management
The individual should possess:
· University Degree or College Diploma
· Designated accountant (CMA, CGA)
· 3+ years of well-rounded accounting experience including experience in a small to mid-size operation or division
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a small team
· Experience accounting for multi-unit operations, and possibly multiple companies
· Ideally accounting experience in a retail or medical practice operation
· Proven ability to work effectively with diverse individuals to meet deadlines and achieve company goals
· Ability, aptitude and interest to take on challenges and increased responsibilities inherent in a highly dynamic operation
· Experience in ERP mainframe environments, ideally with Navision
· Experience in a retail or wholesale setting
· Self-starter, takes initiative
· Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple deadlines and diverse tasks
· Proven ability to work with a range of personalities
· Excellent communication skills
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoting the reference 'Retail Group Accountant' in the subject line.
Although we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.