Our client, a recognized leader in large scale, complex projects that span the globe, has an exciting career opportunity for an exceptional Senior Project Managers to join their dynamic team. Primarily based out of their office in the GTA, the Senior Project Managers are responsible for the timely and efficient coordination and delivery of large scale builds primarily within the Government and Institutional industries.
The Senior Project Manager is required to lead a multi-discipline team through the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) phases of the project. It is an expectation that the Senior Project Manager will create and maintain an attitude of leadership towards the project team with respect to overall management activities (including quality assurance, engineering, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, industrial labour relations and safety) to achieve a quality project, while respecting the established budget and schedule objectives. The Senior Project Manager is also required to complete Project Proposals for Business Development purposes.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining and communicating objectives for critical milestones, budget, schedule and client satisfaction to all levels of the organization.
· Ensuring proper adherence to client contractual obligations
· Maintaining regular reporting structures in regards to project status, finances and schedule.
· Managing scope changes and identifying and resolving complex project issues
· Facilitating ongoing communication with the client and ensuring responsiveness to issues and/ or changes
· Managing client expectations toward successful resolutions.
· Fostering open working relationships with various internal groups (Engineering, Purchasing, Drafting, Project Controls, etc.)
· Mentoring and coaching members of project teams and fellow Project Managers or Construction Managers.
Your skills and experience include:
· Minimum of 15 years of proven and progressive project management experience working on large scale ($50M+), complex projects for government or related
· Project Management training/certification (i.e. PMP) is an asset.
· Degree in Engineering, Architecture or similar formal education
· Superb communication skills with a strong client focus.
· Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage constantly changing priorities, while bringing the project in on time and on budget.
· Demonstrated skills as a strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups.
Compensation package is very competitive, with the opportunity to move into positions of increasing responsibility.
Exceptional candidates, interested in exploring this rare opportunity with an organization that supports autonomy, creativity and excellence, are invited to submit their resume in confidence to: