Assistant Corporate Accounting Manager
Fleet and Financial Management Company
· Provide top quality documentation, recommendations, implementation, and continuance of strong internal controls over the corporate accounting area (implementation to completion of transactions).
· Act as the liaison between Accounting Department and Executive Management, providing timely assistance and recommending appropriate courses of action.
· Function as a key contact with respect to Canadian GAAP and other accounting or financial related questions for both internal and external stakeholders.
· Authorize disbursements and deposits.
· Prepare and post journal entries.
· Audit and authorize tax reconciliation's and payments.
· Review of monthly General Ledger Account Reconciliation's.
· Prepare and / or review periodic (i.e. monthly, quarterly and annual) reports including those for fixed assets, trust accounting and the ACG12 calculation.
· Identify (and escalate to Divisional Controller as necessary) inconsistent and inaccurate financial information; analyze/investigate and work to resolve them.
· Assist the Divisional Controller in determining the accounting and reporting impact of proposed business transactions.
· Periodically review budgets and any revised projections.
· Develop, test and implement new internal processes/procedures.
· Experience interacting with internal and external auditors, and various tax bodies such as the Canada Revenue Agency.
· University degree with a specialist or major in accounting
· Professional accounting designation (i.e. CA, CGA, CMA or CPA)
· 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, 3+ at a managerial / supervisory level.
· Completion of company or other management training programs.
· GAAP, Income Tax Act, CICA standards, IFRS
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Project Management (Asset)
· Train, supervise and assist team members to achieve their assigned responsibilities.
· Follow up with staff to ensure compliance with newly implemented processes and procedures.
· Work cooperatively with staff to assess their skill level and develop accordingly.
· Ensure employees have the necessary tools to perform their job as efficiently as possible. Review and approve the requisition of supplies and materials
· Complete and present performance evaluations.
· Some travel required.
· Superior financial accounting skills with an understanding of complex concepts.
· Excellent research, reporting, and analytical skills.
· Strong problem solving ability including identification of alternatives.
· Critical thinking and logical action.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other functional areas.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with a focus on the clear and succinct.
Send Resume To: