HIGH PROFILE COMMERCIAL & RETAIL PROJECTS
NEW CONSTRUCTION & RENOVATIONS/ADDITIONS
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE
EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Our client is one of the largest engineers and constructors in North America involved in numerous buildings (institutional, commercial and retail), infrastructure, healthcare and industrial projects. Amongst numerous other business units and divisions their primary service offering includes: traditional design engineering services, construction and project management, as well as facilities services and management. Due to the upcoming expansion of a new facility and location coupled with a heavily expanded project list they are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their core group in the Healthcare and Complex Buildings division.
You will be responsible for the conceptual/detailed design of mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing & drainage, fire protection) for commercial and renovation/addition projects.
You will be involved with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of construction drawings and other documentation related to mechanical systems for commercial and renovation/addition projects
- Conceptual/detailed design of HVAC, plumbing & drainage, fire protection in accordance to client requirements
- Review and approval for the detailed design of mechanical systems
- Preparation of specifications and equipment schedules
- Client liaison
- Attendance in client and design meetings
- Review of shop drawings
- All related engineering calculations
- Design coordination
Essentially, you will be responsible in taking a project from inception through to completion working closely with the Partner in Charge.
Recognized for their portfolio of high profile projects and having a great working environment, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a group of professional designers and engineers.
The Successful Candidate:
You will have experience in working for a consulting engineering firm involved in the conceptual/detailed design of mechanical systems for commercial and retail (new construction and renovation/addition) projects. You will also have the following:
- 8+ years experience in detailed design of mechanical systems for buildings
- 8+ years working for a consulting engineering firm
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Accredited Education (university degree/college diploma)
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to work autonomously with little supervision
Should this be a position of interest to you or if you wish to inquire about other similar roles please submit your resume or inquiries in the strictest of confidence to: