As a Registered Dietician, you will provide assessments, planning, education and support to all clients with Diabetes in the Management Program in the cities of Hamilton and Brantford. Using a collaborative, shared care approach, The Registered Dietician will work as an integral part of a Diabetes Management Team to develop, implement and evaluate educational plans for patients.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 1-5 years experience working as a Registered Dietician in a community based setting or Community Health Care Practice;
- Experience working in Diabetes Education preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in diabetes education in both, individual and group format;
- Experience working in a clinical setting as well as providing health education and promotion to patients;
- Demonstrated expertise in the nutritional management of patients with diabetes
- Providing public and professional education, public health and wellness promotion and research in diabetes management and education;
- Must have experience working under a medical directive;
- Experience working with patients/clients with complex care health portfolios;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and strong problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated competence in consensus decision-making and conflict resolution;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary health service team;
- Experience with and sensitivity to issues impacting on clients and communities accessing the centre;
- Demonstrated ability in working with Aboriginal people, communities and organizations;
- Valid Class "G" driver's license.
- Post secondary degree from a recognized University;
- Registered member with the College of Dieticians of Ontario;
- Certified Diabetes Educator preferred or willing to acquire.
Candidates interested in this position can forward your resume, references and copies of required certifications to SGiehler@hunt.ca with the subject line Registered Dietician.