The London Groups' mandate is to be your strategic search partner in the sales and marketing, human resources and administration areas through developing long term relationships based on trust, integrity and accountability.
With almost a decade of experience in the search industry, we deliver top talent.
Our client in the Manufacturing/Distribution industry is seeking an Import Procurement Manager for the GTA region.
- Works with VP of Procurement on transfer of many working import vendor files.
- Negotiates with vendors to include, pricing, packaging, shipments, payment terms and all other applicable.
- Communicates in a timely manner with all overseas vendors and staff. This requires accessibility for e-mails and phone calls in the evening for same and next day dealings, where applicable.
- Responsible for managing documentation relating to invoices, packing slips, certificates of origin, bill of ladings, internal payment request.
- Liaise with employees aboard, including managing the payment schedule.
- Travels multiple times to current countries of business, as well as explore other potential lines of supply in other countries where applicable.
- Plan and prepare for vendor meetings on all trips, as well as report and file all information upon return.
- Work with Customs Brokers to make sure we are in compliance in all import dealings.
- Work with freight forwarders on pricing, planning, receiving, payment and keeping files on all imported goods.
- Responsible for updating monthly total imports for insurance purposes.
- Responsible for all future dealings and documentation pertaining to Canadian Underwriters Laboratories (CULC), Technical Safety Standards Association (TSSA), CSA International or IAPMO (CUPC) where applicable.
- Must work in conjunction with VP of Procurement and Purchasing Manager and staff in planning and forecasting demands and needs for ordering material.
- Work with other regions and divisions, where applicable, for helping consolidate or deal with their channel of import vendors.
- Liaise and work with the Sales Department and Marketing where applicable in regards to existing or new product lines.
- Cost comparisons for all pertinent incoming or negotiated goods.
- Budget annual expenses for import operations including all expenses, where applicable.
- Audit manufacturing, operations and processes at new manufacturers prior to placing orders and must check existing manufacturers at least once a year for review of processes and manufacturing. If required, work with a third party firm for product testing, where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Procurement.
- Management experience preferred.
- International business experience is an asset.
- Must be able to travel 60 to 70 days annually, with this number increasing slightly.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Must be well organized, be able to multitask, and work well under pressure.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) preferred.
$85,000 - $90,000 per annum.
Please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com
Visit www.londongroup.ca for a full listing of our opportunities.