Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at
FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE - OPERATING ROOM
(please quote comp. # 10.0351 on your application)
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Currently, 8 hour days/evenings/weekends.
· Must be available for "on call" weekends, nights and statutory holidays
· This position is currently for the Finch site but the incumbent must be available to work at both Finch and Church site, if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Scrubbing and circulating duties.
· Functions as part of the surgical team.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Post Diploma Operating Room Certificate with a minimum of two years medical/surgical experience, OR, minimum three years recent operating room experience.
· Demonstrated competence in all surgical services.
· Demonstrated good organizational and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with a variety of staff, patients and visitors.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· A positive attendance record.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to:
Humber River Regional Hospital
Finch Avenue Site
2115 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
Fax. No.: (416) 747-3758
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those interviewed will be contacted.