Build your career at the hospital that's building for the future!
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE - OPERATING ROOM
(please quote comp. # 10.0351 on your application)
HOURS OF WORK (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Currently, 8 hour days/evenings/weekends.
· Must be available for "on call" weekends, nights and statutory holidays
· This position is currently for the Finch site but the incumbent must be available to work at both Finch and Church site, if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Scrubbing and circulating duties.
· Functions as part of the surgical team.
PRE-REQUISITES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Post Diploma Operating Room Certificate with a minimum of two years medical/surgical experience, OR, minimum three years recent operating room experience.
· Demonstrated competence in all surgical services.
· Demonstrated good organizational and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with a variety of staff, patients and visitors.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· A positive attendance record.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to:
Humber River Regional Hospital
Finch Avenue Site
2115 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3N 1N1
Fax. No.: (416) 747-3758
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise only those interviewed will be contacted.