Billing Clerks - 2 positions available with our Oakville client
This department is responsible for the billing and collections of premiums and other accounts receivable and general accounting duties delegated by Head Office Finance. Tasks include the generation of various billing notices, receipt and application of payments, cheque requisitioning and printing, bank deposits, journal entry preparation, and account reconciliations. The department is organized in three units with each team having primary responsibility over specific payment options and methods.
Billing Clerks will be engaged in all aspects of the billing and collection functions including complex account analysis and exception handling. They will work within a team performing tasks and responsibilities independently. They will reconcile outstanding receivable balances, investigating and resolving billing and payment issues. They will perform general accounting duties such as bank deposits, journal entries, and account analysis and reconciliations, cheque requisitioning and printing, as required. The successful individuals will have a solid understanding of accounting functions, excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment. They will work under the direction of a Supervisor, Regional Accounting. Knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry is strongly recommended.
· Processes billing and payment collection transactions and notifications, working with multiple systems
· Updates billing and account information and other account adjustments
· Ensures policy premium payments are accurately applied to the correct customer on a timely basis and accurately recorded
· Prepares and verifies account receivable and related journal entries, cash receipts, and other reporting functions
· Reconciles policy discrepancies, outstanding balances and provides supporting documentations as required
· Monitors for non-payment/overpayment and performs related activities in accordance to company and legislative requirements
· Administers cancellation process including collection activities and issuance of premium refunds and other reimbursements
· Analyzes and reconciles activities at the policy and account level
· Investigates billing and payment issues and customer complaints providing timely resolution including written and verbal communication
· Proactively identifies opportunities to continuously improve Billing and Accounts Receivable processes to maintain high standards of efficiencies and processes
· Engages in training and development activities as required
· Participates in developing business requirements for new system
· Acts as a champion of billing and collection activities and systems and works to find ways for improvements and to improve department knowledge and proficiency
· Corresponds with internal and external customers, follows up on amounts outstanding and responds to inquires, requests for information, issues and concerns on a timely basis and in a professional manner
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Minimum: College Level Accounting Diploma
· Minimum: 3 years experience in an accounting, accounts receivable or billing area.
· Solid understanding of accounting processes and accounting rules
· Property and Casualty Insurance experience an asset
· Excellent written and verbal skills - significant experience in communicating with both internal and external customers
· High proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing and accounting software (Great Plains and Oracle Financials an asset)
· Must be very detailed oriented
· Must be able to deal with high volumes of activities with strict daily deadlines.
· Must be able to quickly learn and understand department policies and procedures and apply to both routine and non routine transactions
· Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
· Proven team-player and proactive personality
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to Lnalli@actadv.com.