TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP is currently recruiting for a PIPING/MECHANICAL DESIGNER for an Alberta based opportunity to work in an operating plant environment or EPC environment.
· Currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate Piping/Mechanical Designer
· Drafting drawings, using 2D and 3D CADD which involves planning and layouts for installations
· Conducting field visits and preparing as-built drawings and field sketches. Assisting field forces during construction
· Drafting P&ID's, designing & reviewing 3D piping & equipment models
· Assures that work performed complies with the accuracy level and time constraints required for the project
· Works under direct supervision with scope for planning and organization of work methods on assigned projects
· Receives assignments in terms of specific objectives and priorities
· Work is reviewed for accuracy, completeness and accomplishment of objectives
· Diploma in Engineering Technology or equal
· 1-5 years of experience or willing to train directly out of school
· Proficent in AutoPLANT, AutoCAD, Microstation or PDS designing programs
Pay rates or salaries will be based on experience and current market standards. Only selected candidates will be contacted.