Being an independent financial services professional means that you are your own boss!
Find out what this actually means.
You decide how to manage your time and organize your work. In other words, you are responsible for your own success.
You choose the market in which you want to work (individual or business) and the products you want to offer
Your income is in direct proportion to your efforts and your determination
The only limitations are those you impose on yourself!
Your income does not come only from commissions on new sales, but also from commissions on renewals.
Support with your communication and marketing efforts.
Desjardins Group the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, has assets of more than $190 billion as at December 31, 2011. Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is the preferred distributor of products and services of Desjardins Financial Security.
About Desjardins Group:
Named Bank of the Year 2010 - Canada by The Banker published by The Financial Times.
The Banker's Top 1,000 World Banks (ranked 91st) 2010.
Global Finance's 2010 World's 50 Safest Banks: Ranked 25th in world and 4th in North America.
National leader in Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital, 2010
Ranked first on Corporate Knights magazine's 2012 list of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.
Desjardins Group regularly grants in excess of $70 million in donations, sponsorships and scholarships to the Canadian community. Its network of caisses, subsidiaries and Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network financial centres contribute locally to numerous community endeavours that support health, community services, education and culture.
® Registered trademark owned by Desjardins Financial Security
BECOME A PART OF OUR SUCCESS STORY
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN) is part of Desjardins Financial Security, with assets of over $106 billion, the largest cooperative financial group in Canada and the sixth largest financial institution in the country. We are a Canadian leader in the financial services industry with a dynamic coast-to-coast network, comprised of 43 financial centres and more than 1,100 associate partners. DFSIN is a full service financial services provider with access to multiple insurer and investment fund products. Our track record is based on the quality of support services delivered to associates with a company wide commitment to professionalism. We believe in listening to our associate's needs for providing the products and tools needed to maximize their value in meeting clients' financial planning needs.
Due to our exceptional growth we are currently looking for an individual to join our success story in Markham, ON as an Administration Assistant reporting directly to the Managing Director.
- Speak English, Read English, Write English.
Years of Experience:
- 3 years experience minimum in a professional financial services or mutual funds environment as an administrative assistant.
- Full-time Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Salary will be based on level of experience.
- WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 123, Excel, Windows, and Electronic Mail.
Keyboarding (Words Per Minute):
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents.
- Input of investment fund transaction.
- Processing of life insurance applications.
- Receive and forward telephone enquiries.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database system.
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts and other documents.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail.
- Send and receive messages.
- Receive and register written material.
- Save input material on disk, diskette or tape for storage.
- Type or input correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Provide general information to clients and the public.
- Perform general clerical duties such as filing.
- Photocopy and collate documents.
Interested individuals are invited to apply directly to Sam Luong via e-mail to Sam.Luong@dfsin.ca quoting Ref#: 12-052.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Desjardins Financial Security Investment Network is an equal opportunity employer.