At Grand & Toy, we are committed to providing Associates with a business experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. If you are looking for a future where you can further develop your knowledge, skills and talents, your search starts here!
There are lots of reasons why you will want to join G&T’s winning team; here is some to name a few:
• Grand & Toy’s “Promote from within” strategy
• Competitive Wages
• Healthcare Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Discounted rated at the company’s stores
• Employer matched to the RRSP contributions
• Tuition Assistance
• Discounted home and auto insurance
• Referral bonuses
• Academic Scholarship for associates and children of associates
• Dedication and commitment to promoting a fair and fun working environment
and MANY MORE!
Outside Account Manager
The Outside Account Manager (OAM) is responsible for both the profitable sales growth through retaining and further penetrating current assigned Grand & Toy customers and by the acquisition of new business through face-to-face sales calls. Account growth will be will be accomplished by successfully executing the Streamline selling approach, expanding market share to additional client locations/business units while retaining existing revenue base. This position also researches, plans and prioritizes prospects, establishes interest, assesses opportunity, and successfully persuades the prospect to buy from Grand & Toy.
• Communicate with current assigned customers on an on-going basis to maintain the relationship and ensure a positive experience with Grand & Toy products and services and to serve as an advocate.
• Develop prospect lists of potential new customers. Utilize lead sources, research plans, and prioritize business contacts with potential mid to executive level prospective customer personnel.
• Pro-actively create innovative solutions that address the customer’s current needs and break down the obstacles as they present themselves.
• Create internal and vendor partnerships to assist with resolving customers needs and arriving at innovative solutions.
• Schedule presentations with customers to communicate new and changing product options and key competitor differentiators, reaffirming the complete range of business benefits realized as a Grand & Toy customer.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and services in order to maximize business opportunities with complete comprehension and execution of the G&T Way of Selling, G&T Sales Approach, and Value Proposition Strategy.
• Engage sales colleagues (Technology, Furniture, Imaging) as needed to effectively present the total solution.
• Present renewal contracts (where applicable) for customer approval on a timely basis ensuring that customer business needs are met while concurrently representing the best interests of Grand & Toy.
• Initiate contact with prospects to establish interest and determine business needs and sales opportunity through cold calling and networking. Pursue opportunities, representing the best of Grand & Toy in promoting our products, services, and commitment to customer advocacy and satisfaction.
• Be perceptive to verbal and non-verbal cues to identify unanticipated customer needs.
• Research and understand customer budgets and articulate how Grand & Toy offerings and pricing compare to competitors and leverage the distinction.
• Solicits information to understand the customer’s decision making process. Anticipate and preempt stakeholder objections to bring the customer to favorable outcomes.
• Maintain current knowledge of economic and industry factors, and company’s business marketing, sales, and pricing programs developed centrally for field implementation. Educate customers on industry trends and best practices.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Grand & Toy core values.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• Secondary School completion. Post Secondary degree/diploma in a business related field would be an asset
• Minimum of four (4) years sales experience preferably in an outside sales representative role.
• Office products sales experience a plus
• Demonstrate the ability to prospect, qualify and cold call on net new customers to build and grow upon current customer & sales revenue base
• Demonstrate the ability to network and develop multiple customer contacts within current customers to indentify needs for further category share of wallet revenue growth opportunities
• Experience with using a Customer Relationship Management database tool (CRM tool) for tracking customer contact information and advancing revenue opportunities from the prospecting to closed and won stage
• Experience with & ability to learn and utilize a complex pricing, order and sales tracking database tool (HFA/Clarity or the like)
• Capability and willingness to work within a company’s large set of rules, policies and management guidelines and processes.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, self motivated with a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Grand & Toy Ltd. offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on experience. To learn more about Grand & Toy and other current employment opportunities please visit our website at http://www.grandandtoy.com/careers/careers.aspx