Technical ConsultantJob ID:
Toronto,ON, CAFull/Part Time:Regular/Temporary:
RegularLine of Business:
LoyaltyOneAbout the Opportunity
Actively involved in all aspects of software Analysis, design, development and support changes/fixes to CELO system as an individual contributor and part of a broader team including leading and facilitating JAD sessions with stakeholders. CELO is a shared system, which will operate in multiple geographies, and the Senior Developer will work with other CELO Support team members across globe to provide support and enhancements to the system.
AMMIS and CELO are the core systems, critical to the functioning of issuance processing, collector facing channels, and interfaces with backend systems such as the Data Warehouse. The stability and reliability of the systems are crucial to the successful operation of our loyalty programs.Responsibilities
* Act as the senior technical lead on the CELO team, with technical supervisory responsibility for junior or less experienced team members. Review and approve technical work products done by more junior staff
* Develop highly complex software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards. This includes authoring Functional and Design specifications
* Responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of cmoplex solutions
* Follow established SDLC processes as well as enterprise policies and guidelines for software development
* Complete all tasks as defined and prioritized in the project plan
* Ensure all code is written, unit tested and integrated with the rest of the project code base and version control system (i.e. always ensure that system integration testing is completed.
* Ensure a comprehensive handover to the India Support team and test and validation team, giving instruction on installation & rollback and recommendations about environment and approaches
* Write, monitor and revise installation, configuration and support documentation and ensure that this is up to date at all times
* Provide post release support in all instances, including training where necessary to internal customers, and occasionally with external customers
* Mentor junior developers and collaborating with peers with a goal of continuous improvement.
* Make recommendations for process improvements and best practices; participate in research and setting of solution development policies and guidelines
* Trouble shoot and correct highly complex software defects; document and communicate root causeQualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
* Minimum 6-8 years of directly related work experience in design/development of Java/J2EE technologies, strong technical writing and presentation skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, working experience with SDLC and project life-cycle
* Business Communication
* Agile methodologies
* Core Java/ Design Patterns/Java Swing/J2EE
* MySQL/Oracle - SQL/PL SQL
* OS - Windows/Linux/Unix
* Web Services/ESB
* MVC - Struts, Spring, JSP/Servlets, Java Script/AJAX/JQuery
* ETL Tools (Informatica/Pentaho/ Spring Batch)
* XML - DOM/SAX parsing, XSLT/XPath/XQuery, JAXB
* Java based Caching Frameworks like EHCache
* JDBC, JTA, JPA
* Modeling Tools - Visio, ERWin, TOADCompensation and Benefits
LoyaltyOne offers competitive wages and a comprehensive selection of benefit options.About Us
LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of the world's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, in early 2012 LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.