As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
QA Analyst - Software Configuration Management
Business Unit Description: Technology: responsible for the delivery of technology in support of all CIBC businesses and customers. Directly aligns to CIBC's businesses, with a technology team for each business. Delivers world class solutions in support of business strategies, through a combination of in-house systems development and working with leading technology partners. This group also manages CIBC's core computing facilities, telecommunications and networks globally.
Corporate Centre Technology: provides a wide variety of application and support services to the Bank's Treasury and the enterprise wide portfolio management of credit, interest rate, operational risk and Corporate Systems including Legal and HR. This group is accountable for all aspects of technology for its Global Operations, Intria Items Client, Chief Accountant's Division and SBU Finance divisions. CCT supports the above businesses through a strategy of providing cost effective, well controlled and high quality operations services to internal and external clients.
Finance Technology: supports applications that provide core financial reporting, financial analysis and planning, BASEL Capital Adequacy Reporting, Procurement and Accounts Payable functions, Expense Management capability and Retail Branch performance reporting and analysis external clients.
Relevant Job Criteria: - There is a full time 5 month contract position available.
Job Overview: Key Accountabilities / Activities:
This position will participate in the quality control process by following procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet company standards and end-user requirements.
It will establish and maintain methods and procedures for Software Configuration Management (SCM) activities, in liaison with S/W Engineering. Additionally, it will provide expert knowledge of SCM tools, such as PVCS and Informatica, and provide SCM tools administration leadership.
. Participate in identifying SCM requirements for projects. . Develop, publish and execute Quality Control oversight plans. . Participate in identifying SCM requirements for projects by participating in the review of contractual documentation related to SCM (e.g. technical descriptions, contracts, CDRLs, etc.) including proposal reviews and estimates.
. Maintain a high degree of awareness on SCM issues . Prepare generic and project specific SCM plans and procedures. . Conduct SCM surveillance activities. . Interface with various departments, including other branch offices, contractors and customer representatives, on SCM and SCM tool administration related issues . Review, improve, document and implement SCM procedures and policies on a continuous basis. . Establish, implement and maintain a system of SCM metrics collection with a focus on identifying non-compliance items and deviations. . Establish and maintain software baselines and ensure that all artifacts are properly placed under Configuration Management. . Manage Informatica and PVCS: . Customize CM tools to meet CM process requirements . Create and maintain projects within SCM tools . Troubleshoot problems . Interface with vendors to report bugs, and request enhancements . Maintain a high level of availability of Informatica and PVCS . Develop training material and train staff in the use of Informatica and PVCS. . Ensure adherence to quality assurance standards, and participate in the development and implementation of new standards . Act as a mentor to assigned staff. . Plan, prioritise, and schedule workload for functional work area. . Monitor, track, and report on workload results by continuous communication to Manager, and staff. Ensures that problems are resolved. . Ensures that procedures are adhered to . Keeps abreast of new technology developments.
Requirements: REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Quality Management--Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization. - Problem Solving--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems. - Oral Communications--Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure. - Managing Multiple Priorities--Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. - Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation. Interpersonal Relationships--Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner. Accuracy/Attention to Detail--Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy. - Understanding of the following: 1. Software Process Improvement (SPI)--Knowledge of formal disciplines and practices for assessing and improving the quality and operating cost of an existing application. 2. IT Standards, Procedures, Policies--Knowledge and ability to use and administer the organization's technology practices, standards and procedures
- Quality Management--Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization. - Problem Solving--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems. - Oral Communications--Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style and structure. - Managing Multiple Priorities--Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation are required. - Interpersonal Relationships--Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner. - Accuracy/Attention to Detail--Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Have contact with all of the following roles: - Project Managers - Project Control Officers - Project team members: BA, Test Coordinator, testers, developers etc.
- Maintaining an understanding of processes, procedures and standards to ensure that the project team is following prescribed processes and adhering to standards. - Conducting situational assessment for the ongoing projects, as well as during project initiation phase to determine the level of QA governance or oversight required. Ensure that QA governance activities are reflected in the project plan.
- ability to work in a matrix organization
- Understanding various project risks, including timelines, business pressures, and reporting and escalating accordingly.
- Ensuring compliance from beginning to end at the project level. Missed steps could cause delay, re-work, missed-deadlines, etc. and could impact overall costing of project resources.
Education and Accreditation . Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Informatica Technology
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment. - After hours support may be required
There is 1 Temporary full time (Contract) position available
- Contract Full Time: 37.5 hrs/week. - Work days: Monday - Friday 9 - 5 - Special projects as assigned - Working knowledge of Sharepoint Administration - Report generation for user attestation - Work beyond the regular office hours may be required
CIBC is committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and the markets in which we compete for talent. We pay-for-performance; employee total compensation is linked to CIBC's goals and performance.
Total compensation is made up of several components that may include base salary, cash incentive awards, commission earnings, and deferred equity awards as well as pension and benefits. Join CIBC and share the success of the business.
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.