A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers (over 23,000).
The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
We will focus on three key priorities:
- Highest quality care and exceptional experience
- The right care, in the right place, at the right time
- Research, innovation and education to improve and deliver
better patient outcomes
As partners in creating a new kind of health care, we are Better Together.
- Registered to practice with the respective discipline college
- Membership in provincial and national professional associations desired
- 2 -3 years experience in developing return to work plans in collaboration with workplace parties which includes ergonomic and workplace accommodation techniques and job design principles
- Demonstrates knowledge of Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, policies and procedures relating to RTW
- Possesses experience working in the areas of disability management and non-work related injuries and conditions
- Demonstrates knowledge of WSIB organizational structure, other programs and services internal and external to WSIB such as health and safety delivery organizations, community associations, RTW providers, external ergonomic consultants
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a dynamic, interdisciplinary team as well as Case Managers and employers, using effective communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and is able to be self-directed
- Possesses problem solving skills and ability to influence people,
- Must have own car
- A second language is considered an asset
- Provides Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy services in keeping with College guidelines
- Participates in the interdisciplinary specialty health care team by providing consultation with respect to return to work to WSIB and to a company's Employee Health & Wellness department
- Coordinates RTW information and activities between the WSIB / company, employer, worker, clinic, and/or family physician by developing and effectively maintaining relations between all parties
- Identifies vocational and or functional limitations and recommends to Case Manager
- Utilizes physical demands and other job requirements to assist Case Manager in determining job suitability. Will involve visiting work site.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization's policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted