Senior Financial Analyst - Legal Entity Reporting (#242442)
Our client, a major Canadian financial institution, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst.
The position is a Senior Analyst in our clients Legal Entity Reporting Team. We are looking for a qualified accountant (CA, CMA, CGA) to perform the following:
- perform accounting function for a key subsidiary of the bank which holds a number of the bank's other key subsidiaries. Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs. Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems. Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- invest and account for large pools of funds in Term Deposits
- review the work products of other junior analysts - consolidated supporting schedules for the parent Bank ie. - Retained Earnings, OCI, Stock Options etc., financial statements and notes (incl. investment accounting, consolidations), regulatory reports - Investment Industry Organization of Canada (IIROC), Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA), Excess Working Capital, Insider Trading Reporting etc.
- Review specified notes of the bank on a quarterly and annual basis,
- Update subsidiary companies' financial statements and related notes to comply with IFRS reporting and presentation standards for fiscal 2012.
- 5 - 7 years experience
This position reports into the Senior Manager Legal Entity Reporting.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS (Must Have)
Click here to apply