Canon Canada proudly employs over one thousand across Canada and as part of the global family of Companies, Canon employs over 166,000 worldwide! Canon is a highly successful and respected Fortune 500 Company, has been pioneering ground breaking technological innovation and creating sophisticated professional and consumer imaging solutions since 1933. We are one of the world's leading patent holders. At Canon Canada, our employees are ambitious and action-oriented who strive to create value for our customers by promoting technological and service excellence; respecting individual cultures and ethical business practices. Through Canon's Kyosei and San-Ji philosophies, we are committed to enhancing our contribution to society through technological innovation, excellence, and sustaining harmony with our environment through initiaves such as achieving our ISO 14001 certification.
Apply for this job
Business Analyst (BSD)
Canon, the acknowledged leader in digital imaging in Canada and ranked in the top 20 of Most Admired Companies in the world by Fortune Magazine, has an opportunity for a Business Analyst at our head office located in Mississauga, ON.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Price Desk, you will provide support and evaluation of pricing and business analysis in relation to communicated business strategy for Canon's Business Solutions Division.
Support the Business Solutions Division (BSD) Price Desk
- Verify and maintain equipment, service and lease factor pricing within set Gross Profit parameters.
- Prepare profitability analysis and recommendations on deals.
- Prepare presentations to sales groups.
- Negotiating with Sales Personnel to meet pricing requests but maintain profitability.
- Dispute resolutions with sales.
- Review and ensure all Standard Operating Procedures/Processes (SOP) are transparent, easy to communicate, timely, simple to administer, and meet the needs of the departments.
- Ensure sales reps adhere to price desk approvals to maintain GP and ensure a close link with ISG in this regard for support levels.
- Control the CMAC and PROMO claims reporting process and accuracy with ISG.
- Continuously improve the processes and automation at the price desk.
- Key Tasks:Support/Provide business analysis and evaluation of financial plans in relation to communicated business strategy.
- Price Desk Request.
- Reviewing all special authorization requests for discounts on deals.
- Preparing Price Desk month end report.
- Preparing Service rates report.
- Prepare trend analysis, price volume mix, competitive analysis, and make the links that are critical in understanding and driving the business.
- Ensure all business analysis and corresponding reports are accurate, timely, and address the needs of the business.
- Review master Sales Agreements and provide recommendations on potential issues (i.e. revenue recognition, pricing, profitability, payment and other terms in agreement, etc).
- Understand and analyze potential opportunities and risks and provide recommendations.
- Complete detailed business analysis and troubleshoot reported problems.
- Work with different areas of the business is analyzing drivers, and identifying upcoming financial issues/opportunities.
- Process improvement recommendations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To succeed, you will need:
- University Degree.
- Working towards an accounting designation (CMA most relevant).
- CFA designation or working towards an asset.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills (Working knowledge of Macros considered an asset).
- Ability to compile and analyze complex data to support business decisions.
- Customer service focus with exceptional communication and follow through skills.
- Previous experience supporting Sales/Marketing an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years Business/Finance/Commerce related experience.
Come and join our team as we work to take Canon to the next level! We offer pay-for-performance, generous benefits and exceptional career growth with a global company.
If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.