Are you aware that the Canadian IT Market has picked up significantly and Modis Canada is actively representing an elite list of clients that are in need of top technology talent? As a valued consultant of the Modis family, our organization wants to make you aware of employment opportunities.
Our client is looking to engage a Digital Accessibility Specialist.
If you are actively seeking a challenge and feel that the below mentioned role is suitable, please immediately communicate your interest, as the position is time sensitive. If you are currently engaged on a project or the role does not fit your profile, please advise us of your availability or the desired role and rate.
Digital Accessibility Specialist (35631266)
One of Modis clients is currently looking for one (1) Digital Accessibility Specialist to do the following:
- Represent Digital Experience Creation team on accessibility projects and initiatives as owner, aligning team to the vision, providing expertise and identifying opportunities to deliver best-in-class accessibility
- Work collaboratively with Assistive Technologies, Technology Services and Online Channel teams to develop accessibility best practices, and to ensure that these best practices are firmly embedded in all processes / workflows
- Collaborate with Online Channels partners to advocate for accessibility best practices with internal business partners and 3rd party vendors
- Act as an accessibility advocate; educating users on the importance and benefit of accessible websites, and serve as the Online Channel Digital Experience Creation accessibility expert; monitor changes to the legislation in Canada, the U.S. and leading jurisdictions elsewhere; monitor developments in accessibilities technologies
- Work with the Online Standards team to ensure that existing and new design standards are compliant with Accessibility standards
- Provide feedback during project design sessions to ensure that new designs and WM templates accommodate for accessibility standards
- Ensure that visitors using assistive devices or that require web site to accommodate to their needs (e.g. larger font) enjoy a quicker and easier user experience
- Ensure that all components are accessibly and compliance with WCAG
- Create checklist and standards for our vendors, web producers and other stakeholders
- Ensure that our public web properties are in accordance with defined web accessibility standards, legal requirements and industry best practices
- Be familiar with the definition and enforcement of web accessibility standards such as WCAG and the various compliance levels defined by W3C
- Provide a baseline of our compliance with existing accessibility standards and recommendations on how we could improve this baseline
- Provide ongoing feedback on how we are doing in relation to our competitor's web properties
- Detailed knowledge of accessibility standards, including WCAG 2.0, levels 2 and 3, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 205; knowledge of section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act an asset
- Good communication and influencing skills, able to present information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Leadership and teamwork orientation with an ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience with implementing accessibility best practices in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted.
For more employment opportunities, please visit our website at
www.modiscanada.com > consultants > search IT jobs
Modis is a global provider of information technology staffing services and the second largest in North America. As the most dynamic IT recruitment specialists in the world, Modis connects leading companies in virtually every industry with top IT professionals for both temporary and permanent assignments. With keen industry insight, tenacity and unmatched depth of expertise, Modis understands the world of IT and the people who practice it. It is this understanding that empowers Modis to help both clients and candidates make exceptional connections in today's complex world of technology. As of January 2011, Modis has joined forces with Ajilon Consulting to create a true powerhouse in the field of IT staffing, offering the most expansive talent base, branch network and global reach available in today's workforce. For additional information, please visit www.modiscanada.com