EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
ROLE TITLE: Regional Medical Leads (multiple positions)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, ORN and Provincial Medical Director, ORN
LOCATION: Various Locations
TERM: 2 years; TIME COMMITMENT: 0.5 days/week
NO. of OPPORTUNITIES: Three (3)
POSTING DATE: May 23rd, 2013
CLOSING DATE: June 11th, 2013
In support of the ORN's vision and mission, the Ontario Renal Network (ORN) Program is seeking the services of a nephrologist to fill the position of Regional Medical Lead for the 4 regions across Ontario. The regions are:
· Central East
· North Simcoe Muskoka
· North East
The successful candidates will work collaboratively with the ORN Regional Director to champion the implementation of provincial priorities, provide leadership to the Regional Renal Steering Committee members, lead quality improvement strategies in the regional program, and engage primary care providers, other nephrologists, and stakeholders to advance the goals of the Ontario Renal Plan and improve kidney care to patients. This position reports to the ORN Medical Director and the ORN VP.
Questions about the role may be submitted to Christina Lord at Christina.Lord@cancercare.on.ca no later than June 4, 2013. A consolidated list of all questions and answers will be available to any party, by request, by June 6, 2013. To receive a copy of the consolidated list of questions and answers, please contact Christina Lord at Christina.Lord@cancercare.on.ca
Pursuant to ORN's Renal Plan:
- Provide leadership at the regional level for the ORN
- Establish and maintain effective links with relevant clinical communities on behalf of the ORN.
- Champion the ORN priority programs and initiatives at the regional level
- Attend relevant ORN meetings as required
- Support the regional execution of strategies to engage CKD professionals in advancing the goals of the Ontario Renal Plan 2012-2015
- Serve as regional representative in the planning of CKD related work across the province
The Regional Medical Lead will:
- Provide visionary leadership at the regional level in alignment with the priorities of the ORN
- Work closely with the Regional Director & ORN leadership to strengthen position of ORN
- Work as part of the ORN leadership to provide strategic guidance in the regional implementation of the Ontario Renal Plan
- Develop and execute a regional work plan that reflects the strategic vision and priorities of the ORN
- Establish and maintain effective links with relevant clinical communities
- Identify and respond to regional level issues
- Participate in regional performance management
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the ORN and its initiatives regionally
- Support the regional development of ORN leadership
- Nephrologist in good standing with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Strong understanding of Ontario's health care environment, particularly a systems focus on the challenges and issues facing renal care in Ontario
- Expert knowledge and currency with medical literature and evidence based guidelines as it pertains to renal care.
- Knowledge of health system performance measurement and management and how this can be used as a tool to promote change
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of change
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should forward their expression of interest and curriculum vitae, electronically, to Christina Lord care of Christina.Lord@cancercare.on.ca no later than 11:59pm on June 11, 2013.
More about Ontario Renal Network
The Ontario Renal Network (ORN) provides overall leadership and strategic direction to effectively organize and manage the delivery of renal services in Ontario in a consistent and coordinated manner. Our priorities include establishing consistent standards and guidelines for renal care, planning for service delivery, and putting in place information systems to measure performance.
The ORN consists of a provincial office housed at Cancer Care Ontario and 26 Regional Chronic Kidney Disease Programs. By working collaboratively, the ORN works to improve the quality of kidney care across the province.
More about Cancer Care Ontario:
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) is an umbrella organization that steers and coordinates Ontario's cancer services and prevention efforts. As the provincial government's chief cancer advisor, Cancer Care Ontario directs over $700-million in public health care funding for cancer prevention, detection and care. The agency also operates screening and prevention programs; collects, monitors and reports information about cancer and cancer system performance; develops evidence-based standards and guidelines for health care providers; and works with regional providers to plan and improve cancer services.
As an operation service agency of government, we are accountable for engaging regulated health professionals through a process that is conducted in a fair and transparent manner, providing equal treatment to all qualified parties.
Our website is at:
We are guided in most part by the Ontario Renal Plan at: