Our client, a highly sought after firm known for their professionalism and status in the legal community, is seeking a junior/intermediate, corporate/commercial LAA to support a team of 3 lawyers: a partner and 2 associates. They require someone with at least two years' corporate/commercial experience, ideally with some real estate exposure. Familiarity with e-filing, BC Online and completing land title forms would be a big plus. It is imperative that the person has a very strong work ethic: there will be occasional down time, and as such we need someone resourceful who will take the initiative to capitalize on these opportunities in a productive way. Equally important is attention to detail. It is also imperative that the successful candidate bring a proven track record in producing a high quality work product. It is a dream job for someone junior who can quickly gain their trust and in return be rewarded with some very meaningful and substantive work.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects of managing client and file information, including establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow, client contact, drafting and filing documents, billing and administrative tasks.
- Draft daily correspondence, document preparation, precedents, etc.
- File management including organizing and managing documents
- Maintain BF system
- Daily time entry and billings
- E-filing and preparation of land title forms
- Perform BC Online searches and filings
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum two years' experience as an LAA, ideally in Corporate/Commercial and Real Estate.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong organizational and word processing skills
- Keyboarding of at least 60 wpm
- Meticulously detail oriented - excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading ability
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and willing attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Completion of a Legal Administrative Assistant program
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter via email, quoting AR3114 in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for applying with Arlyn Recruiting!
Apply now via email