Being an independent financial services professional means that you are your own boss!
Find out what this actually means.
You decide how to manage your time and organize your work. In other words, you are responsible for your own success.
You choose the market in which you want to work (individual or business) and the products you want to offer
Your income is in direct proportion to your efforts and your determination
The only limitations are those you impose on yourself!
Your income does not come only from commissions on new sales, but also from commissions on renewals.
Support with your communication and marketing efforts.
Desjardins Group the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, has assets of more than $190 billion as at December 31, 2011. Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network is the preferred distributor of products and services of Desjardins Financial Security.
About Desjardins Group:
Named Bank of the Year 2010 - Canada by The Banker published by The Financial Times.
The Banker's Top 1,000 World Banks (ranked 91st) 2010.
Global Finance's 2010 World's 50 Safest Banks: Ranked 25th in world and 4th in North America.
National leader in Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital, 2010
Ranked first on Corporate Knights magazine's 2012 list of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.
Desjardins Group regularly grants in excess of $70 million in donations, sponsorships and scholarships to the Canadian community. Its network of caisses, subsidiaries and Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network financial centres contribute locally to numerous community endeavours that support health, community services, education and culture.
® Registered trademark owned by Desjardins Financial Security
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network currently operates a Financial Centre in St. John's Newfoundland and we are searching for a dynamic, entrepreneurial leader to develop, grow and expand this Newfoundland Financial Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing a vibrant, successful Financial Centre, utilizing effective advisor recruiting, client sales, strong management and demonstrated leadership abilities. By drawing upon DFSIN's unique distribution model, you will have the opportunity to grow and build a successful financial services distribution model that you own, within the supportive framework of an industry leading financial services company. (Please be aware this is not a salaried position.)
- Develop a viable, growth-oriented Financial Centre to serve the greater Halifax and surrounding areas
- Recruit and train successful financial advisors
- Manage advisors and office staff
- Promote Desjardins' products and services to potential clients
- Minimum 5 years of management and successful advisor recruiting and training experience
- Demonstrated sales growth of insurance and investment products
- Hold applicable life and investment licences
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent business operations skills
- Self directed and results oriented
- Entrepreneurial with a drive to succeed
- Strong leadership skills
- People oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Industry Designations preferred (i.e. CFP, CLU)
- Demonstrated team building ability
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly to Ed Nemeth, Field Management Consultant via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. quoting reference number #12-055.
We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.