Senior System Administrator Moneris'vision: To be the leading provider of high-value innovative payment solutions.
As Canada's largest provider of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers innovative payment services for over 350,000 merchants in every industry segment. Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiencies and manage point-of-sale transactions.
Why work at Moneris?
We offer an innovative, high growth, fast-paced environment which can help you develop and prosper in your career. We offer an attractive Total Rewards compensation and benefits package that rewards excellence and retains top performers.
What Moneris offers you
We will continually invest in the people and technologies that drive cost efficiencies and provide superior payment solutions to our customers. With that in mind, we strive to keep our employees challenged, satisfied and confident which contributes to the overall success of Moneris.
Are you ready for the Moneris difference? We are looking for you to:
Join a dynamic work environment
Apply your creativity
Work for a company that operates with integrity
Work in a team-focused environment
Job Title: Senior System Administrator
The Senior System Administrator is accountable to the Manager, Technology Operations and responsible to perform Microsoft Windows System Administration of Microsoft AD, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Hyper V, System Centre, VMWare and Support tasks in both production and non-production environments.
As a member of the Technology Infrastructure and Operation team, this individual is responsible for the daily operations and monitoring of our co-location data centres and will be working closely with application developers, project managers, sysadmins, network and system/application support groups and also develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for windows OS and VMware
- Focus on Windows System Administration of Microsoft AD, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Hyper V and System Centre
- Active Directory enterprise administration, Active Directory process automation using VBS and PowerShell scripting. This includes development and institution of Enterprise-wide group policies, Active Directory consolidation etc.
- Provide research and development to ensure that the systems infrastructure is well positioned to support current and emerging distributed systems solutions
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft OS and other products
- Determine infrastructure system specifications for hardware/software compatibility, in close collaboration with other IT teams and Information Security
- Participate in audits, as needed, producing necessary documentation, reports and explanations
- Create and automate configuration scripts for OS builds and other system deployments
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of Windows Servers
- Build Windows Clusters and servers in Windows 2003. 2008R2 & 2012 environment
- Troubleshoot Windows cluster performance and failover issues
- Produce daily and weekly reports of activities and operational status
- Support internal and external audits as required
- Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of Hardware & Software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues , participate in system related changes and follows corporate Change Management process
- Leading complex major infrastructure projects
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science and/or related business experience
- Experience working in large data centre environments
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good understanding of Microsoft windows architecture and system level resources
- Extensive experience with deep understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and designing/maintaining Group Policies
- Experience in automation and scripting strongly preferred
- Proven experience designing, implementing, and supporting Hyper V and VMware infrastructure
- In depth experience in Windows Server Technologies including solid understanding of Windows Clusters, performance tuning, server build best practises, troubleshoot and resolve issues on Windows platform
- Experience with migrating physical servers to VMware environment
- Experience with IBM X series and Blade Center servers including firmware & driver upgrades, monitor and perform hardware analysis to proactively identify any hardware failure and resolve it.
- Must be able to prioritise and work on Infrastructure support and project implementations
- Experience working on Cisco UCS an added advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange 2010 a benefit
- Working knowledge of Commvault Backup software a benefit
Please note that this is a permanent position located at 3300 Bloor Street West in Etobicoke. On-call, 24/7 support will be required for this role. Travel is minimal and most of the travel will be around the Greater Toronto Area so a car and a valid driver's license will be required. Please click here to Apply On-Line
.Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne