St. Joseph's Health Centre is a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital-a great place to learn, work and grow. We are a community of Many Faces with One Mission - which speaks to the diversity of the people that we serve and those who serve with us. At St. Joseph's Health Centre, we value people; we are committed to creating a progressive professional environment that reflects a deep commitment to our mission and values
. Working here means more than having a job; it means being part of a community where each and every member of our team is recognized and appreciated.
Must be available for all shifts
$30.170 to $42.850 per hour
25 year rate: $43.610 per hour
Summary: This Registered Nurse will provide direct clinical care, education and coordination of care to patients of the Oncology Clinic at St. Joseph’s Health Centre. The oncology nurse practices at a high level of accountability in collaboration with the oncologists and interprofessional team. The position will report to the Patient Care Manager, Oncology Clinic.
- Provision of comprehensive nursing assessment, including the use of validated assessment tools such as ESAS, for Haematology/Oncology and Palliative patients regarding disease related symptoms, medication side effects, and pain
- Provision of clinical treatments including but not limited to administration of chemotherapy and assisting with invasive procedures
- Provision of counsel and education for patients and family members regarding symptom management and disease process
- Development and implementation of patient-specific management plans, in collaboration with the Haematology/Oncology and Palliative Care Physicians and interprofessional team.
1. Demonstrated experience assessing haematology/oncology and palliative patients’ disease related symptoms.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in chemotherapy administration
3. Demonstrated ability to identify and respond appropriately to haematology/oncology and palliative emergencies.
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Minimum 2 years recent experience working within Oncology, including outpatient oncology experience required.
3. Minimum 2 years experience with acute palliative patients with a thorough understanding of pain management principles preferred.
4. Certification in Chemotherapy Administration and Central Venous Access Devices required.
5. Current BLS Certificate required.
6. Oncology Nursing Certificate preferred
7. Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to work collaboratively in an inter-professional team environment
9. Demonstrated excellence in patient education
10. Demonstrated excellence in high level accountability
11. Flexibility with scheduling during peak volume periods.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.