Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Deloitte Canada currently employs over 20 actuarial professionals providing a range of audit and consulting services to clients in Canada and internationally. Our Canadian Actuarial and Insurance Solutions (A&IS) team is part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. This makes us the largest insurance actuarial practice of the Big Four firms internationally and makes us the second biggest provider of actuarial services to the insurance industry globally.
A&IS is part of Deloitte's Assurance & Advisory practice which provides a range of services including auditing and consulting services.
A career in A&IS at Deloitte will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast moving and challenging professional environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Work with a variety of high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
- Broaden your knowledge about the insurance industry, its products and the related management processes
- Keep abreast of developments impacting the Canadian life insurance industry such as IFRS4 Phase 2 and the introduction of ORSA and help clients adapt to the new environment
- Gain detailed technical experience, including in depth knowledge of the full capability of AXIS
- Work on a variety of different assignments, including auditing and consulting engagements
You will be providing actuarial audit and business advisory/consulting services to clients in the financial sector focusing on the Life Insurance Industry (corporations, insurance providers, and regulators). Your work will span different aspects and will focus on actuarial and other insurance–related consulting matters and will assist clients and audit teams in assessing, managing, and controlling risks. Whilst based in our Toronto office, there will be opportunities to work on assignments elsewhere in Canada and internationally.
As an A&IS Senior Manager you will:
- Identify and lead business development opportunities to grow and build the practice
- Provide value added consultative solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Manage engagements from planning to completion
- Stay abreast of technical and industry developments
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
- Assist in the recruitment and training of junior practitioners
Click here to apply
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Must have FCIA designation or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Demonstrated evidence of strong leadership in creating a learning environment
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.