Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
As a member of our Financial Advisory team, you’ll help small start–ups to massive multinationals face financial issues with informed confidence. Using your deep technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, you’ll provide financial advice to companies in every industry, and in every situation. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
Click here to find out more about our Financial Advisory services.
A career in Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
Major capital projects have beencharacterized by uncertainty of outcomes, high stakes related to cost,liability and governance considerations and the inherent competing interests ofa host of key stakeholders, including Board members, owners, contractors,architects, engineers, and construction staff. Construction disputes centeringon highly complex technical issues are occurring more frequently. Resolvingthese issues can be the key to a successful construction project and even tothe continued survival of the business entities involved. Capital ProjectServices brings practical solutions and adds value at every stage of theproject lifecycle for clients in the highly competitive multi–billion dollarinternational construction industry.
We are a team of dedicated projectprofessionals that have unsurpassed, cross–sector, deep industry experience inevery aspect of the capital project lifecycle. Our people possesspractical and effective project management, engineering, consulting, andcommunication skills, as well as strong professional qualities. We have acommitment to producing high quality results and a passion for ensuring thatour clients have successful capital projects. Our services helpclients manage their capital and/or construction programs more effectively toachieve timely completion within budget.
The Capital Project Services groupprovides a variety of consulting services to capital project owners,governmental agencies, institutions, developers, or any organization with asignificant interest in the successful delivery of a capital project. Ourteam of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers,architects, and auditors possesses comprehensive design and constructionindustry experience, and has advanced degrees in engineering, business, law,and accounting. Furthermore, through our access to the DTT global networkof member firms, the Deloitte FA Capital Projects Services group offers a broadrange of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverselocations.
We are looking for a Manager to join ourCapital Project Services team. You will be responsible for variousaspects of our assignments, including:
- Performing and leading project management oversight assessments;
- Performing construction cost or schedule assessments;
- Recommending project risk management solutions strategically aligned with client risk tolerances;
- Assessing management or construction contract compliance and audit;
- Performing process and control reviews and organizational assessments, which may require the development of business process and/or project controls;
- Evaluating and developing construction claims including the review, analysis and development of claims for dispute resolution;
- Creating value for our clients with their large capital projects through efficient process design and implementation.
- Cultivating relationships with clients and possessing a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies;
- Employing a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability;
- Contributing to practice growth and development through operations excellence and producing thought ware;
- Participating in the development and delivery of training programs;
- Leading a diverse team of talented business advisors;
- Coaching and mentoring more junior practitioners;
We are rapidly growing our Capital ProjectServices practice; all candidates considered for this position will have thefollowing qualifications:
Click here to apply
- Direct experience on major projects from an engineering, construction management, construction claims analysis, or project controls perspective and experience with contract administration and contractors, architectural/engineering firm, or construction owner;
- Prior experience in a consulting environment is an asset;
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architecture, or significant Construction Management related experience is required;
- Professional Engineering designation or eligibility and/or an advance engineering or similar degree is desirable;
- Proficiency in Primavera, Microsoft Project, Prism, Coreworx, SAP, Oracle, and other commonly used construction application is an asset;
- Experience in the analysis of complex engineering and construction projects, particularly with progress measurement, risk management, and executive reporting is an asset;
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client; communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, to contribute and share ideas, to regularly seek guidance and feedback, coach less experienced staff, and work to ensure the success of the team;
- Must also be able to work independently, when required, take initiative, maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Demonstrated ability to manage existing client relationships and develop new opportunities;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required;
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management;
- Canadian & US travel required; occasional international travel. Candidates must be able and flexible to travel for client engagements, as required.