Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
With a network of people and deep technical skills in Canada and abroad, our Enterprise Risk Services practitioners help organizations manage risk in every area of business. From developing an enterprise–wide program to protecting specific systems, we examine all levels of the organization to anticipate, understand and manage a broad spectrum of strategic and operational risk. Whether the challenge is organizational, technical, operational or financial, we help organizations manage risk from the boardroom to the network.
Click here to find out more about our Enterprise Risk Services.
A career in Enterprise Risk Services will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
Our Canadian practice is part of a global Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu's Sustainability service line with 750 dedicated practitioners in more than 50 countries worldwide. We are part of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, a signatory to the Global Compact and a member of the GRI Board of Directors.
We are looking for an individual with advanced skills and experience related to safety management systems. Experience with data analytics in the context of safety management would be an advantage.
As a member of our team you will:
- Assist in driving our SmartSafety analytics offering forward in the Alberta marketplace
- Be versatile and show an interest in learning and supporting the Sustainability team deliver services
- Execute client delivery and business development research
- Participate in and initiate internal and external business development and thought leadership initiatives
- Pursue a personal growth plan to stay abreast of professional and industry developments
As a Senior Consultant you will:
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing safety issues and developing related solutions
- Author presentations and present findings to clients
- Prioritize tasks and contribute to project planning and status reporting
Click here to apply
- Work experience in health and safety (H&S) from either an industry or consulting background
- Knowledge of H&S laws in Alberta and Canada and practical experience with compliance and technical aspects of safety management
- Undergraduate degree in environmental, health and safety or related science, or engineering (ideally complemented with some business work experience); or business education with H&S work experience
- Complementary graduate degree (MBA, MSc, MA) with a focus on H&S issues, or systems and strategy is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of H&S management issues,
- A self–developer who pursues a personal growth plan to stay abreast of professional and industry developments,
- An active member of one or more associations of H&S professionals is an asset
- Effective business writing and presentation skills (the ideal candidate can provide samples of writing and presentation abilities)
- Bright, critical and analytical thinker and able to solve complex business issues
- Highly organized with the ability to operate well with limited supervision
- Willing and able to travel (~ 30%) in Canada
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.