Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Consulting is a fully integrated part of Deloitte–and we're proud to be the only large professional services organization to offer our clients a full range of services. We work hand–in–hand with clients to improve business performance, drive shareholder value and create competitive advantage.
You'll help our clients solve problems by applying the knowledge gained from a wealth of global experience. We have deep expertise, having served more than one–third of the companies in the Fortune 500, and hundreds of middle market clients around the world. We offer a full array of consulting services, but what truly distinguishes us is the approach and delivery of these services–and the results we help our clients achieve.
to find out more about our Consulting service lines.
A career in Consulting will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
As a Manager you will:
- Manage a diverse team of talented Consultants while coaching them to their highest potential
- Lead technology projects from initiation to closure with support from senior managers
- Responsible for on time and on budget project delivery with a high–level of quality
- Apply project management fundamentals to structure projects for success by managing scope, quality, budget, risks, issues, vendors, teams, and stakeholder relationships
- Responsible for full development cycle including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Manage and motivate diverse project teams of 10–20 people
- Cultivate relationships with clients and ensure complete satisfaction through the realization of business benefits from the project
- Prepare and present material to senior client management
- Support RFP responses or proposals, build market eminence, and pursue new client opportunities
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and build your reputation as a business advisor
- Contribute to practice growth and development
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Take a lead role in delivering and managing consulting services to high growth organizations with a diverse team of Consultants
- Create long term relationships at a senior client level
- Execute a client service plan on complex engagements working closely with Partners
- Identify and lead business development opportunities
- Achieve expertise in a specialization and a strong reputation as a business advisor
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Create a learning environment through leadership
Click here to apply
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Post graduate degree (i.e. MBA) and/or a professional designation are assets
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships with clients
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Canadian travel and occasional international travel required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Solution / Application Architect
- 8+ years of overall experience in consulting, in IT or system delivery roles
- 5–6 years of development experience on either the .NET or J2EE platform architectures
- 3+ years of experience as a Application Architect and 1–2 years of experience as a Solutions Architect,
- 2+ years as a Database Architect and/or Technical Architect
- Experience in cross–platform development & architecture
- Expert in J2EE/ .NET and experience with deploying J2EE /.NET rich and/or web client applications in high–availability, clustered environments
- Exposure to 2–3 middleware platform (IBM / TIBCO / Oracle / webMethods)
- OMG Certified Expert in BPM – Intermediate/Advanced (Business/Technical), IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer, or TIBCO ActiveMatrix® Service–Oriented Architecture would be assets
- Broad architectural exposure, across OS (Windows, UNIX), Database (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server), Master Data Management, Data Warehousing, ETL, application server (J2EE, .NET) and other technologies (Integrating Mainframes and packages such as SAP or Peoplesoft, MQSeries, JMS, Struts, Junit, etc.)
- Experience in business application design, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and implementation projects for large IT organizations using systems integration methods and technologies
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, SCEA), or published articles related to Enterprise or Application Architecture preferred
- Experience in multiple formal SDLC methodologies including Agile
- Experience with industry data models such as Banking Data Warehouse and Golden Source is highly desirable
- Experience managing delivery projects of 5–15 people
- Project management experience with the ability to grow into more senior levels within the practice
- Ability to developing strong client relationship at the Executive level (Director/VP /CXO levels) in relevant market and leveraging them to assess potential sales opportunities
- Providing solutions and/or recommendations to implement new functionality or resolve technical issues related to systems development projects
- Ability to provide vision and mentoring for junior staff and promote systems development as a significant specialty area
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.