If you are the type of person who thrives on change, growth and opportunity, and are interested in a career in the financial services industry, Manulife is the place for you.
Senior Designer, Learning and Development-1304634
Reporting to the AVP Leadership Strategy and Design and working with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent will be responsible to design and develop innovative global leadership/learning solutions that cross cultural borders and achieve visible and measurable improvements to performance, development, productivity and business results.
- Design and develop consistent high quality global leadership and learning solutions that drive business results
- Prioritize initiatives that enable cultural change associated with E&E
- Enhance leadership, manager and employee effectiveness
- Conduct and/or participate in needs assessments with targeted audience to determine context requirements for training and performance gaps for leadership/learning curriculum and activities
- Determine learning objectives and evaluation strategy including writing/confirming learning objectives, designing the evaluation of learning objectives and developing material to evaluate the learning objectives
- Determine the most appropriate structure, media, delivery formats depending on learning goals and desired outcome
- Manage the full design cycle of leadership/learning initiatives through to delivery in a complex multi stakeholder environment whether the design is internally or externally supported
- Source content from external vendors/partners, advise on design/customize content, ensure organizational relevance, as well as delivery
- Participates in vendor negotiations, negotiation of statements of work, and day to day relationship management, ensuring quality/value balance and makes appropriate recommendations
- Use assessment tools and solicited feedback to provide recommendations for updating and improving content, delivery methods and overall training program effectiveness
- Research, benchmark and propose curriculum to meet current and future business needs
- Coordinate with Global Leadership and Learning team members and other stakeholders from across the business to ensure relevant, consistent, optimal solutions are organizationally aligned and consistent
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring their confidence that their business needs/objectives are being met/exceeded
- Work to meet deadlines while coordinating with and soliciting input from stakeholders
- Utilize project management skills to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner
- Minimum 7-10 years design experience and expertise in adult learning theory, instructional methodologies, technology-enabled design and learning methods targeting leadership and learning development
- Advanced degree in Adult Learning and/or MBA preferred
- Experience in the design and development of training for all three main delivery methods: self-directed, facilitated classroom and web-based
- Successful track record of integrating business needs with leadership and learning solutions based on adult learning principles
- Proven competence and experience in managing the full design cycle of leadership and personal effectiveness initiatives through to delivery in complex multi stakeholder environments
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels within the organization; excellent active listening skills
- Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities; attention to detail
- Considers a global approach and collaboration with relevant partners on all projects and activities
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Relationship management, influence and consulting skills
- Current knowledge of the latest learning technologies and program design strategies
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$567 billion (US$539 billion) as at June 30, 2013. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.