Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Gone are the days when tax was considered "housekeeping." Today tax can provide an opportunity to significantly improve the bottom line – if handled with skill and precision. Keeping up with the opportunities as well as changing tax requirements and risks can pose a challenge to any organization, from a local business to a multinational. Tax planning must keep pace with – even help shape – a company's operations. This means that tax specialists must manage all of the intricate details in local jurisdictions, while strategically planning the global flow of transactions.
Click here to find out more about our Tax service lines.
A career in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
Our Calgary location is growing and looking to add a strong U.S. corporate tax professional at a Senior Analyst level. With the continued trend toward globalization, most successful Canadian based companies look to the U.S. for expansion. To minimize tax liabilities, ensure compliance, and take full advantage of cross–border opportunities, they need advice from experts who understand U.S. federal and state taxation laws and their interaction with Canadian tax principles.
We service a variety of industries including: consumer business, energy and resources, manufacturing, financial services, public sector, real estate, technology, media and telecommunications. Our Calgary practice has a large number of oil and gas clients and is an exciting region to work in.
As a Senior Analyst you will:
- Understand, analyze and research tax transactions
- Develop your technical skills and knowledge of our clients' business
- Make recommendations and provide solutions to clients
- Lead specific projects of moderate size and complexity
- Prepare tax returns and other government forms
Click here to apply
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- A completed masters degree in Tax or an accounting designation, U.S. CPA preferred
- 3–5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignment