Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Pursue a new career opportunity – within Deloitte. One way we're helping talented people like you excel is through internal advancement opportunities such as this one.Consulting is a fully integrated part of Deloitte–and we're proud to be the only large professional services organization to offer our clients a full range of services. We work hand–in–hand with clients to improve business performance, drive shareholder value and create competitive advantage.
You'll help our clients solve problems by applying the knowledge gained from a wealth of global experience. We have deep expertise, having served more than one–third of the companies in the Fortune 500, and hundreds of middle market clients around the world. We offer a full array of consulting services, but what truly distinguishes us is the approach and delivery of these services–and the results we help our clients achieve.
Click here to find out more about our Consulting service lines.
The conversion stream is responsible for migrating data from a series of legacy main frame systems and loading them into a target SQL server environment. The legacy data requires a level of transformation to fit the target data model and is currently being executed by a multitude of people located onshore and offshore.
As a Senior Consultant you will:
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and developing solutions
- Author presentations and present findings to clients
- Supervise junior staff and manage parts of client engagements
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
Key Role & Responsibilities:
The conversion manager will be responsible for managing the day to day activities associated with the data conversion stream and will require the following specific capabilities;
A reasonable understanding of data design and associated principles and processes including but not limited to:
· Data Model principles;
· Relational Structures;
· Data Integrity principles;
· Master Data & Tomb Stone data concepts;
· Data conversion methodology, design and key principles;
· General principles of extract transfer & load (ETL);
· General overview of conversion design, i.e. Source, landing, Staging & Target;
· General overview of data conversion validation and reconciliation approach and techniques;
· A broad understanding of varied data load techniques and associated tools (including but not limited to ‑ Informatica, Data Stage, Data Flux, SAS, SQL, Concepts for Product Native loaders);
- Ability to produce and manage to an activity based plan using varied techniques including Agile& Waterfall;
- Able to direct and lead global teams with effective communication and direction;
- Capability to organize deliverables and key milestones for reporting using techniques that provide tangible measures (example Development Productivity, Defect Trend;
- Ability to manage risks and issues presenting escalations where appropriate;
In the future, the candidate maybe asked to undertake similar roles within either a data conversion, data warehouse, BI platform optimization and or Analytics environment role. All such subject areas will require a similar level of experience and broad understand of similar techniques, tools and processes.
In summary, the role would suit a candidate who has project management background in either a data warehouse environment or specific data conversion project.
Other Required Attributes:
Click here to apply
- Strong problem–solving skills – ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
- Solid understanding of IT organizations and specific challenges and issues.
- Willingness to travel.