Team Manager, Network Services Moneris' vision: To be the leading provider of high-value innovative payment solutions.
As Canada's largest provider of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers innovative payment services for over 350,000 merchants in every industry segment. Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiencies and manage point-of-sale transactions.
Why work at Moneris?
We offer an innovative, high growth, fast-paced environment which can help you develop and prosper in your career. We offer an attractive Total Rewards compensation and benefits package that rewards excellence and retains top performers.
What Moneris offers you:
We will continually invest in the people and technologies that drive cost efficiencies and provide superior payment solutions to our customers. With that in mind, we strive to keep our employees challenged, satisfied and confident which contributes to the overall success of Moneris.
Are you ready for the Moneris difference? We are looking for you to:
Join a dynamic work environment
Apply your creativity
Work for a company that operates with integrity
Work in a team-focused environment
Position Title: Team Manager, Network Services
The Team Manager's role is to plan, direct and coordinate the installation, operations, maintenance and connectivity of network devices to ensure the stable operation of the organizations IT assets.
Key Activities Include (but are not limited to):
- Thorough knowledge at expert level of LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge on VLAN, VPN and MPLS networking
- Thorough knowledge of IT Infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies
- The network lead will schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Lead and manage a team of technical staff (network analysts, senior network analysts and POS analysts).
- Work with functional managers and the team sponsor to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements
- Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behaviour
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- This resource will examine current technologies in addition to documentation and processes and work to improve these elements.
- Technical direction and management of the network and telephony technology portfolio
- Leadership and support for operational issues and incident management
- Ensure all customer service level agreements are being maintained
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including Cisco routers, switches, and F5 Load Balancer's.
- Define automated procedure for detecting significant event triggers
- Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet-based services and protocols.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Operate and maintain Voice infrastructure to include, VoIP, Voice recording, and associated software.
- Direct and administrate network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Work with project teams in the design, development and review of technology solutions
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and business partners
- Remain current on new network & communication system technologies.
- Identify and process improvements within technology areas and work to implement the process improvement plans
- Build technology, support, and process documents as well as maintain existing documentation
- 24/7 On Call support for all Telecommunications & Network items.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 8+ years' hands on experience with broad range of enterprise-class network/telecommunication technology solutions
- Deep skill with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN)
- Good Knowledge in layer 2 & 3 protocols including, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, RIP and BGP, etc.;
- Deep understanding of network protocols, and their applications and characteristic behaviours Ability to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely fashion, including the analysis of trace data and network flows
- Solid experience in supporting F5 Load Balancers and Juniper firewall switches
- Experience of working with application and network layer cryptography and virtualisation
- Good Knowledge in network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewall, etc.
- Competency with Unix/Linux scripting and tools and their application to network engineering, monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework
- Strong understanding of technology behind telecommunication and networks
- Strong internetworking and network integration experience preferred with analytical ability to assess the business and technology
- Possess high level of initiative
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivate, good customer services and capable to work under pressure
- Strong negotiations skills
This is a full-time permanent position available in our Toronto Head Office located at 3300 Bloor Street West. Please click here to Apply On-Line
.Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne