London Life is one of the premier financial security providers in Canada. We’re looking for a New Advisor Training Manager for our Durham/Peterborough Financial Centre.
Located at: 300 – 1465 Pickering Parkway
Pickering, ON L1V 7G7
You will work with financial security advisors during their first two years with Freedom 55 Financial and provide a strong foundation to ensure they gain a good working knowledge of Freedom 55 Financial tools, products, processes and procedures immediately following the Career Start licensing program.
- Deliver training on the Freedom 55 Financial planning process/needs analysis, market development, compliance, group of products (basic and intermediate), business related technology and administration processes to new financial security advisors throughout their first and second year.
- Provide ongoing support and re-training on the above tools/processes
- Relationship building with the Financial Centre(s) you support, Great West Life sales and marketing centre product team, leadership development manager and head office business partners.
- Provide timely written and verbal objective formal feedback to advisors, directors and head office business partners.
- IFIC and life licensed within 3 months, with the annual fees to be paid by London Life. Maintain both licenses through continuing education (CE) credits in order to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Understand, interpret and track new advisor productivity through a financial centre tool
Required competencies and behaviours:
- Preferred IFIC and Life licensed. If not licensed, both must be obtained within 3 months
- Maintain Life and IFIC licenses
- Financial services industry experience (previous sales experience would be a definite asset)
- Training background
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Management experience/background
- Strong technical background (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively independently and with a team
- Effective time-management and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop professional relationships
- Some travel will be required
Our organization, through our financial security advisors, provides financial security advice and planning to our clients. In order to do that our new recruits need the best preparation we can give them. That is where you come in.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.