Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing assurance & advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work with clients, you’ll have the chance to customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. We’ll also give you the right tools to learn new skills and explore new opportunities ‑ whether in a different service area, industry, across the country, or even across the globe.
At Deloitte, we take care of our people. We understand they are our greatest asset and so we’ll do whatever it takes to help them grow, learn and feel part of a diverse and inclusive environment.
Please review the opportunity below and if it sounds like something you’d be interested in, be sure to apply and you too could be part of the Deloitte team.
Gone are the days when tax was considered "housekeeping." Today tax can provide an opportunity to significantly improve the bottom line – if handled with skill and precision. Keeping up with the opportunities as well as changing tax requirements and risks can pose a challenge to any organization, from a local business to a multinational. Tax planning must keep pace with – even help shape – a company's operations. This means that tax specialists must manage all of the intricate details in local jurisdictions, while strategically planning the global flow of transactions.
Click here to find out more about our Tax service lines.
A career in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like–minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
Our BC practice is growing and looking for an experienced Manager or Senior Manager to join our Vancouver or Langley location.
As a Manager you will:
- Research (towards selecting form of entity) US inbound investments by corporations and/or partnerships.
- Assist in tax due diligence and modeling with respect to acquisition of US companies or Canadian companies with US subsidiaries or operations.
- Research whether under the United States – Canada Income Tax Convention ("Treaty") the taxpayer has a permanent establishment within the United States.
- Research how various Treaty provisions (i.e., Business Profits, Personal Services, Capital Gains, Dividends, Interest, etc) affect the taxpayer.
- Review federal and multi–state corporate or partnership income tax returns including, where applicable, Forms 90–22.1, 5471, 5472 and other tax or informational forms.
- Where applicable review treaty protected tax returns under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 6114.
- Review withholding tax returns including Forms 1042, 8804 and 8805.
- Determine whether taxpayer is a US Real Property Holding Company (USRPHC) and ensure that the provisions of Section 897 are accurately applied to the tax compliance process.
- Prepare debt equity models with respect to US inbound financing structures.
- Review tax computations including Sections 41 (Credits), 163 (Interest Stripping), 199 (Domestic Production Deduction), and 263A (UNICAP).
- Have basic understanding of transfer pricing tax considerations.
- Understand US state and local tax concepts including, but not limited to, water–edge election, nexus, PL 86–272, allocation and apportionment.
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential.
Click here to apply
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- A completed masters degree in Taxation or CPA or LLB (LLM preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably big four.
- References from former/current supervisors and/or clients.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional Canadian travel required
- Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work or attend tax technical courses.
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© Deloitte LLP and affiliated entities.