Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 83,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking, to over 19 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The Portfolio Administrator's predominant responsibilities are to provide administrative and/or operational support to all our various business lines and regional offices, in addition to the planning and execution of training sessions and corresponding materials. The incumbent is also responsible for providing support to project leaders/managers and be actively involved in business initiatives and process analysis. This will include writing requirements and systems analysis as well as providing user support. The Portfolio Administrator should also be highly autonomous, requiring minimal supervision, while demonstrating excellent time management to ensure workloads are monitored and prioritized.
- Document Branch procedures (guidelines, training, etc.); prepare documentation and train new users or new processes introduced on various system applications applications
- Responsible for preparing training schedules for major conversions that require rollout of new processes.
- Responsible for analyzing assigned reports or work queues, researching information in the appropriate internal system(s), verifying information with business owner(s) and ensuring updates or corrections are made following established procedures and policies.
- Provide feedback to users of new and existing reports on system applications that can be used to better suit client needs.
- Learn portfolio new modules and/or new functions in order to effectively support system application users.
- Responsible for coordinating with the TAG group of Scotia Capital, the set-up of new users and deletion of users on various application environments.
- Call/log trouble tickets to vendor Customer Support Hotline; monitor and follow-up all issues until completely resolved.
- Create test plans, test cases and procedural documentation to support various business initiatives and projects
- Assist with fixing and creating new and old custom reports with documentation as necessary.
- Provide accurate reporting to clients, senior management, banking personnel, external custodians and other interested parties
- Co-ordinate and test various enhancements and bug fixes applied to the MPower, Charles River, Purefacts environments throughout the progressive implementation from UAT to their respective Production environments.
- Assist the Portfolio Operations team on key initiatives/projects as they arise.
- Perform customer Service duties in a professional and thorough manner
- Act as liaison with client/BNS personnel with regard to account queries regarding administrative matters;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff including Senior Management, exercise proper judgment and ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maintain direct adherence to the company and Bank security procedures.
- Provide relief for and assume responsibility of other Portfolio Administrators in his or her absence.
- Performance of other duties as assigned that will enhance the units support capabilities and success.
- The incumbent must possess Good communication skills, both verbal and written, to provide client support, and maintain documentation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize errors and ensure accurate results
- Sound knowledge of standard Microsoft applications and computer technology
- Experience in MPower and Charles River systems knowledge would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge and experience in UAT testing and project methodologies
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATION:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and compliance with Policies, Securities Regulations, and Scotiabank Business Conduct and Practices.
- Investment industry background with knowledge of regulatory (Brokerage/IIROC) subject matter is desirable
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.