Our engineering consultants provide an extensive range of services including both contract and permanent hiring solutions, which we deliver from coast to coast and across all industries. Working closely with clients and candidates alike, Randstad Engineering provides specialized engineering, technical, construction and manufacturing staffing and recruitment services to Canada’s top organizations.
Randstad Engineering focuses on the following areas:
Civil/Structural Engineer - Lead (#266187)
Civil/Structural Engineer - Lead
Lead engineer is responsible for technical direction of a group of engineers and designers within the discipline. The lead will provide leadership and foster teamwork within the group and clear communication of client or project objectives to the engineering team; develop engineering cost estimates and schedules and evaluate and report progress. The lead will have considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers and designers. Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Supervision or management of engineering and design activities with appropriate awareness of the activities or functions of other disciplines.
- Able to act as a mentor to less experienced employees. Able to motivate people and foster teamwork.
- Communicate effectively with lead engineers from other disciplines, project managers and client representatives.
- Able to determine and understand client requirements, and translate those into clear directions for the Civil/Structural team.
- Provide technical direction and high-level decision making on engineering designs for foundations, structural steel, reinforced concrete, earthwork and site drainage.
- Develop project schedules for Civil/Structural portions of projects. Evaluate and report on actual progress as the design advances. Collaborate with Project Controls in tracking progress using earned value reporting.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of the engineering cost estimates for the Civil/Structural portions of bids and proposal work. Can be called upon to support Business Development in meeting clients.
- Clear understanding of quality work processes as lead will assist in maintaining and improving the quality of the work produced by the Civil/Structural team.
- Participate in the developmental performance evaluation for the Civil/Structural staff.
-Assist in organizing and maintaining departmental design guidelines.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil or Structural engineering.
- Clear, effective, fluent communication in English (written and spoken).
- Minimum 10-15 years' experience.
- APEGGA P.Eng. license mandatory.
- Able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
Civil Engineering (Must Have)
Structural Engineering (Must Have)
Click here to apply
Randstad Canada is the Canadian leader for staffing, recruitment and HR Services. As the only fully integrated staffing company in the country, we understand the recruitment needs and demands of employers and job seekers across all levels and industries. Through our insightful knowledge of local markets, employment trends and global network of recruitment experts, we are shaping the Canadian world of work.
As a key player in the recruitment and staffing market, Randstad Canada provides unrivalled expertise in matching Canada’s top talent with the most sought after Canadian employers. Through our network of over 85 branches across 7 provinces, we offer fully bilingual solutions and operational excellence by meeting the unique needs of our clients and candidates across the country. We have helped employers fill more than 40,000 positions in diverse industries.
Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world, generating annual revenues of more than $27 billion. Randstad services more than 45 countries, with 28,000 corporate employees working from 4,300 branches, and employs over 450,000 people every day.