Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Director, Client Relations & Risk Management|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital, North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Senior Medical Director or designated Chief Operating Officer as applicable, with a matrix reporting to the Regional Director, Client Relations and Risk Management; the Director, Client Relations & Risk Management is responsible and accountable for providing leadership in the management of clinical and operational risk, and collaborating with Corporate Finance in the management of financial risk for the Coastal Community of Care (CoC) at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Represents Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in dealing with legal counsel, insurers and other external agencies in investigating and managing claims involving patients/clients, and identifying and resolving other risk management issues. He/she supervises the client relations and risk management team and administrative staff as applicable. Collaborates with regional Client Relations and Risk Management staff, working to ensure overall consistency and standardization of processes and systems pertaining to Client Relations and Risk Management. Provides leadership and support to senior CoC leaders, physicians and staff in ensuring that quality improvement strategies and processes are applied to the management of client relations and risk management issues.
Master’s Degree in Health Administration or related discipline.
Seven to ten (7 to 10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively senior leadership roles with responsibility for leading risk management and client relations issues management activities.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Effectively and proactively coordinates strategies, systems, and processes to reduce risk, minimize and manage client complaints and claims, and collaborates with others to improve quality and safety for VCH.
• Expertly applies technical and analytical expertise to assess and support risk and situation management activities, and to establish and implement risk management and quality improvement strategies to support the organization.
• Oversees, assists with, and/or conducts timely risk assessments in response to requests and consults with the appropriate leader concerning issues with safety, financial or other implications requiring immediate attention.
• Applies superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information, and effectively persuade and negotiate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Expertly interprets and implements legal and other regulatory obligations and responsibilities of VCH in the context of relevant legislation, regulations, common law and other changing standards.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition #062911-nda. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes December 12th, 2013. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS5 JFMAN City_North Vancouver City_Vancouver