Plains Midstream Canada is a leader in providing solutions to logistical and marketing needs in the crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas industries.
Our crude oil assets are located in the key producing regions of Canada. With over 5,000 kilometers of gathering and mainline pipeline systems, "approximately 4.6" million barrels of storage capacity and over twenty crude oil truck and rail terminals, our existing infrastructure affords us flexibility and allows us to meet the needs of our customers. The operations of our crude oil business are conducted throughout the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as in North Dakota and Montana of the United States.
Located throughout the West Coast, Midwest, and Northeastern United States as well as in the province of Alberta, our LPG facilities include approximately 22 million barrels of useable storage capacity. Our strategically located assets combined with our strong marketing presence in the major LPG storage and trading centers, allow us the flexibility to provide the energy product solutions that our customers require.
At Plains, our company is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about our business.
We have an ongoing commitment to achieve the very best results for our stakeholders. To support this commitment, you will find that our corporate culture is one that encourages learning, adaptability, teamwork, leadership and fresh thinking.
As our business continues to expand, so do the employment opportunities at Plains. We provide challenging employment positions and competitive financial rewards in a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
Our top-tier benefits program is designed to improve the quality of life for our employees and their families.
Plains' benefit program includes the following:
- Immediate Benefit Enrollment
- 100% Employer Paid Group Benefit Package
- Extended Health Care
- Dental & Vision Care Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Flex Days
- Company/Personal Performance Quarterly Bonus Program
- Group RRSP/ESP Employer Matching Program
- Educational Awards and Reimbursement Programs
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
Plains LPG Services, L.P. is currently looking for an Operations Technician to join our Operations team at the Hankinson, ND facility. This position will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment and handling loading/unloading rail cars and trucks at the terminal site. The successful candidate will learn to properly operate terminal equipment including compressors, truck rack pumps, and rail car mover.
- Responsible for proper loading/ unloading of propane rail cars and trucks;
- Record readings of pressures and tank levels, a well as monitor process and equipment;
- Properly complete associated truck and rail car Haz-Mat paperwork;
- Enforce company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe work environment; and
- Maintain all required certifications to perform operator duties as outlined in the PSM requirements.
- Minimum Grade XII education is required;
- Previous mechanical and operational experience around hazardous materials a plus;
- Capable of working in extreme temperatures during the summer and winter months;
- Capable of lifting/exerting 90 lbs. of force;
- Well organized, self- motivated and safety oriented; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Smoking Policy: Please note that the office and surrounding area are non-smoking.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to August 15, 2014, to: