Plains Midstream Canada is a leader in providing solutions to logistical and marketing needs in the crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas industries.
Our crude oil assets are located in the key producing regions of Canada. With over 5,000 kilometers of gathering and mainline pipeline systems, "approximately 4.6" million barrels of storage capacity and over twenty crude oil truck and rail terminals, our existing infrastructure affords us flexibility and allows us to meet the needs of our customers. The operations of our crude oil business are conducted throughout the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well as in North Dakota and Montana of the United States.
Located throughout the West Coast, Midwest, and Northeastern United States as well as in the province of Alberta, our LPG facilities include approximately 22 million barrels of useable storage capacity. Our strategically located assets combined with our strong marketing presence in the major LPG storage and trading centers, allow us the flexibility to provide the energy product solutions that our customers require.
At Plains, our company is made up of a diverse and dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about our business.
We have an ongoing commitment to achieve the very best results for our stakeholders. To support this commitment, you will find that our corporate culture is one that encourages learning, adaptability, teamwork, leadership and fresh thinking.
As our business continues to expand, so do the employment opportunities at Plains. We provide challenging employment positions and competitive financial rewards in a dynamic work environment. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
Our top-tier benefits program is designed to improve the quality of life for our employees and their families.
Plains' benefit program includes the following:
- Immediate Benefit Enrollment
- 100% Employer Paid Group Benefit Package
- Extended Health Care
- Dental & Vision Care Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Flex Days
- Company/Personal Performance Quarterly Bonus Program
- Group RRSP/ESP Employer Matching Program
- Educational Awards and Reimbursement Programs
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
Plains LPG Services, L.P. is currently looking to fill an Operations Technician position at our Green Springs, OH location. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment while operating / maintaining a PHMSA regulated pipeline and an LPG loading terminal. This is an integral role within the company that requires team work, dependability and strong safety focus.
- Responsible for operating a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) pipeline according to PHMSA regulations, maintain all OQ qualifications;
- Comply with PHMSA regulations as they apply to LPG pipeline operations.
- Responsible for operating a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Terminal including truck / railcar loading. and pipeline receipts;
- Prepare product samples for laboratory testing;
- Miscellaneous mechanical troubleshooting, pump and valve maintenance, safety system testing and periodic inspection/ calibration of equipment;
- General labor for grounds maintenance, painting, mowing, etc.;
- Conduct driver orientations and enforce company policies and procedures; and
- Comply with OSHA 1910.119 PSM regulation as it applies to the Green Springs operation.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent;
- Previous experience with pipeline operations and OQ qualifications are required,
- Previous experience in the LPG industry or truck / rail terminal operations is considered an asset,
- Mechanical, electrical or instrumentation experience/ education in an industrial environment would be a plus;
- Ability to multi-task and follow direction in a fast paced and changing facility environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Team player with ability to build safety and goal orientated workforce.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- A valid Driver's License is a condition of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to August 22, 2014, to: