Click Here To Apply
Tax Manager- Business Tax Services- Private Mid Market- Ottawa - OTT00069
Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Within Ernst & Young's Tax practice, our Business Tax Services- BTA group has talented and dedicated professionals who provide quality compliance services in many industries, such as: consumer products; energy; manufacturing; technology; communications; and entertainment. We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Tax Manager who will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance work for clients in our private market group. The successful candidate will lead and team with talented and innovative professionals dedicated to client service.
Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct/monitor engagements. Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues. Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax services. Determine all information required to ensure/complete accurate tax compliance products within the budget. Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information. Oversee the issues management process and adapt to challenges in the compliance process. Ensure the acceptance of the product by appropriate parties. Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers. Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary. Leverage technology to maximize productivity. Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters development and a positive attitude.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- an undergraduate degree in a related field
- strong financial accounting skills and familiarity with accounting issues facing Canadian corporations
- a minimum of 5 years of corporate tax experience in the areas of personal and corporate tax compliance and tax provisions progressive experience with tax accrual reviews and preparation and review of related working papers
- an accounting designation CPA//CGA
- completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course
- general knowledge of tax laws with specialized knowledge in 1 or more technical areas- proficient knowledge of automated tax processing systems and Microsoft Office tools
- excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- strong people skills
- a commitment to growth of the practice area through willing participation in client facing activities
- a commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity.