Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Nature of the role
The role of Immigration Support involves day-to-day support to the staff, senior and management team in all aspects of Canadian, US and Global immigration client accounts. The activities will fall under the supervision of the Staff, Senior or Manager and range from gathering and inputting data, creating files to generating status reports and sending out client emails on behalf of the team. Additional responsibilities include providing support for billing processes and reviewing invoices for accuracy.
The Immigration Support role will be supervised and have limited contact with corporate clients. The individual in this role must have a very good grasp of technology used for producing reports and stats, in addition to strong organisational skills.
- Using standard email directory to prepare letters for team to government authorities and clients
- Creating and maintaining standard letter directory
- Answering telephone, dealing with straightforward queries, taking detailed messages and forwarding to team
- Providing ad hoc support to team members when working on projects, document production, etc.
- Preparation of standard application forms
- Faxing and photocopying correspondence and documents
- Arranging and monitoring couriers
- General filing of client documents and file retrieval
- Accessing email and voicemail for team in their absence
- Delegate appropriate work to group admin assist
- Participate actively in team meetings
- Drafting of basic visa applications and supporting documentation
- Assisting with Immigration clerk caseload as required in their absence