AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
Shaping the Future
If you're going to change your career, then change it for the better. Find a company that is highly successful, offering sustainable, safe delivery - one with revenues of over $4.3 billion and natural resources, power and process, and earth and environmental businesses employing almost 22,000 people in around 40 countries. Find a company with a progressive culture that makes it stand out from the crowd - one that believes in its people, teamwork and diversity; one that continually aspires to excellence and is passionate about success. Sounds too good to be true? Not at all. Welcome to AMEC.
AMEC's Mining and Metals business unit currently has an exciting project based opportunity available for a Lead Cost Controller in the Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Manager, Project Services and working alongside other team members locally, you will have the opportunity to provide lead support on one of our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Day to day direction of project cost control team
- Reviewing project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, schedule impacts, and adequate budget and funding
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitor cost and budget forecasts
- Reporting project cost to management for internal reviews as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending corrective actions
- Participating in earned value analysis activities
- Working in coordination with supply chain management to ensure that relevant cost management procedures and reporting requirements are incorporated where appropriate on invitations to tender. Provide budgets, review of progress payments, and valuations of contract variations as well as P.O.and contract financial close-out.
- Tracking and analyzing engineering man-hours and associated costs within AMEC's proprietary management system
- Preparing narrative and cost reports for the monthly progress reports
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in engineering or a recognized business program.
- 10 years of progressive project services or cost control experience in performing project controls functions preferably in an EPCM environment on light to heavy industrial projects.
- Previous experience in cost estimating of mine and mills is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of engineering controls, cost control, and project reporting
- Knowledge of procurement/contracts, construction management and document control
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
Salary Range: $119,170.00-$175,000.00/annual salary. Salary will vary depending on experience and qualifications. Competitive Benefits Package will apply to regular full time employees.
With over 480 staff, the Saskatoon Mining & Metals office has served the Saskatchewan market for over 40 years. The Saskatoon office is a regional center for the mining, mineral processing, chemical plants, forestry, power and oil/gas industries. It specializes in both domestic and international potash and uranium projects.
AMEC Americas Limited
301-121 Research Drive
Phone: (306) 477-1155
Fax: (306) 477-1398
To apply for this position or to learn more about AMEC, please go to:
Worldwide. Responsibly. For the long term.
AMEC is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted.
By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.