Join Canada's fastest growing 'Big Four' professional services firm and the largest in the world.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 169,000 people in 158 countries.
IT Technical Manager, Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax Practice, Waterloo
PwC's Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Practice in Kitchener Waterloo consists of a dedicated group of professionals with backgrounds in the fields of science, technology, engineering, tax and finance. As a team, our highly skilled professionals offer their expertise to our clients in maximizing the tax benefits from their R&D projects under the SR&ED Tax Program. Rapid growth of our business in this sector requires a talented IT Technical Manager to become part of our Waterloo practice.
· You are a Software Engineer or Computer Scientist with varied hands-on experience in technology environments including software, web, and mobile development. You have a thorough understanding and hands on development experience with both legacy and modern technologies.
· Experience with the SR&ED tax credit program including preparing and supporting IT based SR&ED claims is an asset.
· You have strong technical writing skills.
· You have an intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning.
· You are highly motivated, and will use your relationship development skills to network with and market our SR&ED services to existing and prospective clients.
Client Relationship Management
· You have a client-service orientation and a demonstrated ability to understand different technologies in your interactions with clients at a senior level.
· You have the demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and elicit relevant information from technical people.
· You will use creative problem-solving skills to apply the SR&ED rules to client opportunities, draft well supported technical descriptions and support claims through a CRA audit.
Business & Project Management
· You can effectively prioritize and manage multiple, complex assignments and clients.
· You will proactively communicate progress on assignment to clients and team members, identifying solutions to potential obstacles and managing client expectations.
· You understand and demonstrate the principle of recognizing and managing professional risk.
· You work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team. On many engagements, you will be teamed with SR&ED costing specialists and other SR&ED professionals.
· Bachelors or Masters of Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline.
· Minimum of 2 years of Industry experience in technology and/or software development environments.
· Broad knowledge of current development technologies including: PHP, MySQL, XML, Java, .NET, SQL Server, Oracle, Objective-C etc.
-SR&ED experience including writing and supporting IT based SR&ED claims is an asset.
-Focus on achieving high quality, timely and profitable results.
·Experience with sales and relationship management is an asset.
· Strong work ethic.
· Strong written and oral communication skills combined with intellectual curiosity and creative problem-solving abilities.
A supportive team environment, access to continuous learning, a competitive base salary and benefits package and the ability to participate in our bonus program for tax staff all await the successful candidate. PwC offers you the opportunity to make your mark, working with top clients in diverse, leading-edge industries, and with bright, energetic team-mates. At PwC, SR&ED is a National practice; accordingly, occasional travel to other Canadian cities may be required.
The professionals within our Tax Services Group advise publicly traded corporations, private companies and high net worth individuals on intricate tax matters, helping them comply with the growing and increasingly complex tax compliance requirements.
Tax at PwC is a relationship business, and we are committed to giving our people the career opportunities and experiences they need to thrive. Right from the start, you'll have access to and work with PwC partners and senior managers who are among the profession's most highly regarded and recognized authorities. These leaders act as mentors through your daily interactions and on-the-job experiences, as well as in the classroom setting.