CIMA+ is currently seeking applications for the position of an Automation Engineering Technologist and/or Technician for our Calgary Office who can assist a dynamic and growing Electrical Engineering sector with our upcoming projects.
- Design plans, specifications and details for industrial automation projects (process control systems, instrumentation, building electricity, industrial electricity, medium- and low voltage distribution, DCS, SCADA, PLC automation and monitoring and control);
- Assist the engineers in the preparation of technical specifications, surveys and estimates;
- Perform engineering calculations relating to projects;
- Conduct quality assurance review;
- Participate in industrial plant audits;
- Assemble and test experimental electrical equipment and components
- Inspect mechanical installations and construction;
- Provide onsite support during downtime.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology and/or Instrumentation Engineering Technology;
- Tradesperson Certificate (if applicable)
- Applicable work experience;
- Member of ASET;
- Strong PLC & CAD expertise;
- Detailed oriented;
- Autonomy and vitality;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A World of Opportunities at CIMA+
CIMA+ is a multidisciplinary firm that specializes in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and the environment. We provide a full range of services in the sectors of urban infrastructure, civil engineering, environment, transportation, building, industry, energy and hydroelectricity, telecommunications, geomatics, and urban planning.
At CIMA+ our goal is to assemble high-quality teams, which is why we always hire experts who share and enhance our standards of excellence. Our experts work in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and sustainable development. At CIMA+ it will be up to you to improve an ever-changing world. You will be involved in projects where creativity and innovation are a prerequisite. At CIMA+, your actions matter.
- Flexible schedules, paid overtime, and the possibility of banking overtime hours
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Sick leave and personal leave
- Possibility of investing in a company profit-sharing plan
- Adapted computer tools (remote computer access and smart phone)
- On-site vaccination campaigns
- Career path adapted to family needs
- Social and environmental initiatives (becoming a member of the sustainable practices committee)
- Orientation, mentoring, and learning in the work environment
- Continuous training program
- Career planning
(Some of the above-mentioned benefits may vary according to employment status and job description. The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted further. CIMA+ applies the Equal Access Employment Program.)