Technology Recruiter - PEO00519-13
This position is based in Scarborough (Ontario).
This opportunity calls for a Technology Recruiter who will work closely with TELUS' national IT, software development and engineering teams providing consultative support towards the execution of a proactive recruitment strategy as well as developing a network of qualified talent to meet the organization's current and future needs. You will own multiple portfolios while working closely with managers, directors, HR business partners, compensation/benefits team, etc. Additionally, your role will also include supporting our customers first strategy to ensure we provide a positive experience to both candidates and hiring managers.
- Lead and support recruiting initiatives to creatively source for candidates
- Collaborate with hiring managers and senior management to create recruitment strategies for each position and holistic strategy for the larger business group
- Source qualified candidates and facilitate a selection process to deliver a pipeline of top talent for a variety of positions within a fast-paced, busy environment
- Provide a positive candidate experience during all stages of the recruitment process to reflect the TELUS brand
- Screen, interview and provide candidate recommendations for hiring managers
- Manage all search activities through the use of an Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) and internal requisition control systems
- Partner and nurture relationships with external partners such as professional associations and vendors
- Build and maintain social business network with colleagues and industry professionals to stay on top of best practices
- Entry level understanding of IT roles associated with SDLC including infrastructure and engineering roles (ideally telecommunication focused)
- Various sourcing tools (i.e. Boolean searches, LinkedIn, job board search engines, etc.)
- Full lifecycle recruitment process
- Employment law and related regulations/practices
- Telecommunications industry and telecommunication employment market is an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to target, source and recruit IT talent associated with SDLC and infrastructure and engineers (ideally telecommunications focused)
- Excellent listening and interviewing skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong relationship building, consultative, collaborative and influencing skills
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, complex environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Positive, team-focused, energetic, self-motivated, resourceful and results driven
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Bachelor in commerce/business administration or arts degree or diploma or equivalent education and/or experience
- A focus on Human Resources is preferred
- 2 to 3 years of years of IT (software development and infrastructure support) and engineering recruitment experience in an agency and/or large, complex corporate environment with multiple locations
- 2+ years of experience working with manager and executives to create recruitment strategies
- Experience using a variety of sourcing and assessment tools
- Experience using Taleo (ATS) would be a strong asset
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVT. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
: People Practices