With locations in North York, Etobicoke, and Richmond Hill, Apotex is always looking for talented Chemists to join our team, for both permanent and contract roles.
Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our team!
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the team!
Responsible to generate accurate results while following GMP requirements. Responsible for analysing dosage and/or raw material samples and process validation and optimisation samples, using various chemical and instrumental techniques, in accordance with established compendial and in-house testing methods, while under minimum supervision.
1. Perform analysis of raw material, in-process and finished products, purified water, cleaning validation and stability samples using analytical instruments and established analytical procedures and techniques.
2. Compiles all data obtained from testing and observations and completes report summaries,as per established SOPs.
3. Recognises OOS or out of trend results and under the direction of the Supervisor assists in the completion of lab investigations.
4. Performs calibration of laboratory equipment as required by the department's established calibration program and GMP requirements.
5. Work as an effective team member to meet departmental goals, sharing knowledge with team members and across CLO.
6. Maintains compliance to all health and safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and regulatory requirements. Responsible and accountable for compliance with all aspects of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as Apotex’s Health and Safety policies, and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs).
7. Provides technical troubleshooting support or training to other team members where appropriate.
8. Disposes of waste solvents and orders any chemicals or laboratory supplies as required.
9. Introduction to reviewing analytical documentation for analysis performed by other chemists under coaching from a senior member.
10. Performs additional related duties as assigned by the supervisor and manager.
* B.Sc. from a recognized educational institution in Chemistry or a related field; OR
Community College diploma in a related field and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the analysis of pharmaceutical products.
* Knowledge of Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Programs.
* Good theoretical understanding of FT-IR, titration, UV and chromatography (TLC and column).
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
* Knowledge of GMP/GLP.
* Problem solving ability.
* Proven organization and time management skills as demonstrated through previous work and/or educational experience.
Technology/Instrumentation (type & complexity)
* UV, FT-IR, Karl Fischer Water Tester, TOC analyser, HPLC, disintegration, UV dissolution titration, fluorimetric, bulk and sieve analyses, column chromatography, auto-titrator, viscometer, TLC, melting point, Particle Size Laser.
* Calibrates lab equipment such as balance, disintegration, FT-IR, Karl Fischer titrator, pH meter and UV according to established calibration program and GMP requirements.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.