Join Canada's fastest growing "Big 4" professional services firm and the largest in the world!
We look for individuals who are ready for a challenge and want to collaborate with diverse teams, take responsibility for their personal growth and help our firm operate with quality and integrity.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value their looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 169,000 people in 158 countries.
The Edmonton Public Sector Consulting Practice of PwC has an immediate need for a high performing Senior Associate to join our Finance Function Effectiveness team who is looking to embrace a challenging career in a progressive environment.
Our Finance Function Effectiveness practice helps our clients' finance functions improve their performance across a broad spectrum. As the role of finance evolves within an organization, balancing the need to be both a strategist and a steward, finance organizations will need to transform their processes, people, and analytic tools in order to manage these changes effectively. These changes include streamlining finance operations by increasing the efficiency of the finance organization and improving the effectiveness of finance by integrating performance management and analytic applications, such as performance score carding, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities.
The role of a Senior Associate in the Finance Function Effectiveness practice will include:
· Support the engagement manager in managing engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting;
· Prepare deliverable content; and
· Ensure the quality of deliverables meets with PwC and client expectations.
· Participate in and lead aspects of the proposal development process;
· Contribute to proposal writing; and
· Team with PwC colleagues in other lines of services in support of client needs for Finance Consulting services.
· Support the development of "thought leadership" and "point-of-view" documents.
· Perform role of coach; and
· Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
Travel within Canada will be required and occasionally international travel, including the US.
Successful candidates pursuing employment with us should have in excess of 3 years of relevant Accounting and Finance professional experience in the Government of Alberta or consulting experience with a global consulting firm.
· Accounting, Finance Designation or MBA. CPA designation a plus;
· Working knowledge of core Finance areas of: Financial Planning and Analysis - forecasting and budgeting, Results Based Budgeting and financial reporting; Management Reporting - report design, data quality and controls, use of reporting in decision making
· Strong understanding of core Accounting areas of: Procure-to-Pay - procurement, accounts payable, invoicing; Record-to-Report - financial close, consolidation, financial and management reporting
· Experience in process improvement or re-engineering initiatives and projects in the core back office accounting areas (see above) in either a consultant or internal role.
· Understanding of financial applications (i.e. General Ledger, consolidation systems and Business Intelligence systems)
· Superior project management skills
Personal characteristics should include:
· High level of service orientation;
· Can do attitude, responsive and action oriented;
· Strong problem solving orientation and analytical skills;
· Excellent communication skills - oral, written, presentation;
· Excellent team player with strong leadership skills;
· Commitment to excellence; and
· Open minded, agile with change and practical.